Chapter 4

The next day

Like usual Vanitas was with Dante and Johann but no Amelia today. "Damn. So that's why she hasn't came up and talked to you." Dante says walking with his hands in his pockets.

Vanitas looked grumpy like always "Well it's partly your fault Vanitas." Johann says as he glared at the four eyes "My fault?! How is that my fault?!" Vanitas yelled loud in the hallways catching attention.

Jeanne, Dominique and Noé were walking together with no Louis today either. Louis was apparently too sick to come to school.

Anyways the three of them happen to pass by to hear Vanitas shouting. "Well you did lash out at her bad right?" Johann asked as Vanitas didn't answer "Quack. This is mostly your fault that you and Amelia are arguing."

Vanitas crossed his arms "It's not my fault. I will not apologize for something she brought up knowing full well that I hate it." Vanitas coldly tells them.

Jeanne looked at Dominique and Noé "Amelia and Vanitas are arguing? Weird that girl seem so attached to that coldhearted bastard." Jeanne says as Dominique nodded "Oui, I agree. I do wonder what happened."

Noé stared at Vanitas with that cold look in his eyes. It was like Vanitas was pushing everyone away from him like he's given up on something that's what it looks like to Noé.

Time went by fast it was now lunch time for the students. Vanitas was basically ditched by his two friends "Those bastards just want to be alone." Vanitas mumbles to himself as he walked carrying his own lunch.

Vanitas sat down on the grass leaning again a tree, he opened his lunch and began to eat. "I'm starving. Let's hurry and find a place to eat now." Jeanne says making Dominique and Noé laugh.

"Your always hungry Jeanne." Dominique says making Noé laugh even more then he noticed Vanitas. "Is he eating alone?" Noé asked to himself expecting no one to answer him. "I think so."

Dominique was the one to answer Noé "Um excuse me V-Vanitas." A girl with long hair walked up to Vanitas holding a small box behind her. The group decided to stay just in case.

Of course Vanitas noticed them from the beginning "What do you want." It was like Vanitas was asking Noé not the girl.

The girl blushed as she showed a small box "I-I made you some cookies. Would you like to try some?" She asked shyly, Vanitas grin a little as he set his lunch aside and stood up.

Then Vanitas picked up a cookie, the girl smiled. Vanitas took a bite then dropped the cookie and stepped on it. "It's gross." He tells the girl with no expression.

This girl did not know of his dislikes of sweets "O-Oh I'm sorry..." She stuttered trying not to cry, Vanitas grin once again. "I hate sweets and girls like you who think they can win someone over with cookies." Vanitas told her with a cold tone.

The group was getting mad at Vanitas once again. He picked up his lunch "Maybe give those worthless sweets to Prince Charming here. He'll most likely eat them. I definitely don't want those garbage of cookies." With that Vanitas left.

The girl dropped the small container holding the cookies in. But the group noticed that she wasn't crying that she was smiling. She was giggling happily "The rumors are true! He's so cold! He's very handsome too!"

The group sweat dropped at that they were about to leave until the girl said something else "But his eyes kinda remind me of the blue moon which scares me a little. Maybe if I ask him to wear colored contacts then his eyes won't be scary!" The girl picked up the container leaving the cookies on the ground, she skipped away.

That surprised the group "Well I must admit his eyes are a sign of a bad omen since they look like the color of the blue moon." Jeanne tells her friends, Dominique nodded "Oui. That's one of the reasons why I hate that man."

While the girls were agreeing about hating Vanitas and his eye colors, Noé was in shocked then he remembered what Vanitas told him last night.

"Excuse me!"

They turned to see it was Amelia who looked out of breath. "Are you alright?" Noé asked her. Amelia nodded as she took a deep breath and calmed down. "Have you seen Vanitas? I need to apologize to him." Amelia tells them.

'Why did Amelia need to apologize to Vanitas.' That's what they all thought. Amelia shook her head "If you don't know then I will be going." She told them.

Amelia ran off before they could stop her "We did hear that they got into an argument." Noé says still looking in direction that Amelia went. It was the right direction since Vanitas went that way too. "I know what major Vanitas is taking."

That surprised the group as they saw Louis "Ah! Brother I thought you were sick? Should you really be up right now?" Dominique asked her twin brother.

Louis smiled at her "Don't worry about me. So the major that Vanitas is taking, do you want to hear it?" Louis asked them as they nodded at him to continue.

"He's trying to become a doctor."

The group eyes widen in surprise they didn't ever think that Vanitas of all people would study to become a doctor. "That's not all. You know how it takes about twelve years to become a doctor." Louis tells them.

They nodded, Louis continued "Well he might end up graduating early to get his masters degree. He won't have to spend twelve years studying." Louis tells them.

Noé was lost for words, Dominique and Jeanne were also speechless. How was that possible for someone to graduate early from getting a doctor's master degree. They all wondered that and Louis took a folder out.

Louis handed it to Noé as he opened it, that got the girls curious as they looked at it as well. "This is all the information I could get on the coldhearted Prince of this school." Louis told them.

Vanitas

Gender: Male

Age: 18

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Light Blue

Relatives: Unknown

Occupation: Attending College with a scholarship

Major: Medical, Health and Wellness

Future Career: Becoming a Doctor

I.Q: 300

Their eyes widen at this "No family and his IQ is unbelievable!" Dominique yelled out loud at that. Jeanne nodded clearly shocked "I never met anyone with an IQ like that." Jeanne says to them.

Noé was of course shocked but also interested now in Vanitas. Well Noé felt like he's always been interested in him since they first met. He didn't like the guy that is true but there was something else that he couldn't put his finger on.

Louis looked at Noé "That was the only things I could find out about him. Everything else is blocked off from the files especially with the De Sade family." Louis tells them.

It was only one piece of paper that Louis could manage to get his hands on. Noé didn't know what to say about this. Was he happy about finding at least a little information about Vanitas or mad that Louis would do that without permission.

Noé didn't know what to say.

To be continued