Chapter 36

Noé, Dante, Johann and Luca asked to use a room so they can talk about something private. They were glad the doctor allowed them a room with no camera or listening device.

The four sat down "I was the first one to meet and be saved by Vanitas." Dante told Noé as he still looked confused "Luca said something about being saved by Vanitas. What exactly do you mean by that? How exactly did Vanitas save you guys?" Noé asked Dante and the other two.

The three nodded at each other, they decided to tell Noé. "When I was younger I lived with an abusive family that drank a lot and did drugs. Everyone knew about what my parents did and how they would beat me but no one stopped them or did anything. One day I decided to stop by the park before heading home while lost in thought I didn't notice a boy coming near me." Dante paused as he was remembering the past.

Noé listened to what Dante said "It was Vanitas that I met. When I saw him he was annoying like he is now but he helped me get my mind off things. He took spent time with me and I had so much fun. Then one night my parents tried to kill me but..." Once again Dante trailed off this time with a small smile and he continued "As I was about to be killed, Vanitas came to save me and got rid of my parents."

This horrified Noé "And you weren't afraid of Vanitas or sad about your parents deaths?" Noé asked Dante as he shook his head. "Nope. In fact I was happy, relieved and grateful so I owe him my life for that. I would have died if it wasn't for him." Dante told Noé.

Johann decided to go next "I didn't meet Vanitas first in fact I met Dante and then I met Vanitas along with Amelia. Back then I was bullied and beaten a lot and everyone knew about my situation yet no one helped me at all. In all honesty I was considering to kill myself but I didn't because he came into my life..." Johann was remembering the past.

Noé saw the smile on Johann face 'Dante gave the same smile when he was talking about how he met Vanitas...' Noé thought to himself. Johann continued his story "Vanitas showed up in my room and told me if I wasn't strong enough to get revenge then he'll do it for me. And he did, he saved me from my so called family. I'm happy to have met Vanitas, I would do anything for him." Johann finished telling his story.

Of course this was something else Noé needed to take in. Noé glanced at Luca "Vanitas saved you too...?" Noé asked the little boy as he nods at one of his friends.

Luca took a deep breath and let it out, Luca was ready to tell his story now. "I always knew of Vanitas because I went to the same school as him and then met Dante, Amelia and Johann. They transferred out of nowhere into an elite school but back then I didn't care about Vanitas. Vanitas was the smartest student and I was the second smartest back then. I was bullied by a group of students that would take money from me too." Luca tells Noé.

"Vanitas found out about it and asked me if I wanted revenge, of course I told him no. Being Vanitas he always had something to say about a noble act but you'll still suffer and he was right about it. One day the group of bullies dragged me somewhere so...they can...rape me but they failed...Vanitas came and saved me. I was happy that he got rid of them and I didn't pity the dead students. Vanitas wasn't going to ask me to join him but I told him I will help him and do anything for him. I owe Vanitas my life for what he did for me." Luca finished telling his story now.

Noé eyes widen at this, he never knew the suffering of how the others felt. So when he heard the three tell him about their past and how they met Vanitas, it made Noé realize that maybe Vanitas suffered in the same way or maybe worse.

Noé had so many questions to ask about Vanitas and about them. "Is it the same with Amelia?" He asked the three guys and they nodded.

Dante yawned but looked at Noé "Yeah, Amelia was the second person that met the quack. She was abused and ignored by everyone. In fact when me and Vanitas first met her she wasn't allowed to go to school. But Amelia can tell you it herself." Dante told Noé as he nodded.

Now the tough part came "Vanitas. Do you know why he's like this now? Why he you know." Noé didn't want to say why he became the blue moon.

But Dante, Johann and Luca knew what he wanted to know. "Vanitas lost both his parents at a young age. His mother died giving birth to him and his dad died in an accident while protecting him. So he was sent to an orphanage, I don't know what exactly happened there because he didn't give us the details. We know that him and a younger boy named Mikhail were saved by the blue moon aka Luna. Luna raised the two and treated them like they were Luna's own children." Johann paused.

Dante decided to take over "Vanitas was almost like a housewife because he was the only one that could cook and clean. He hates when we call him a housewife but it's funny. Anyways he was always on guard around Luna but soon he also started caring for Luna. Luna confessed that the two didn't have much longer and Mikhail was the one showing signs of him dying first. Luna offered them something that could save them, Mikhail agreed right away as for Vanitas he rejected the offer."

Luca decided to finish off the explanation to Noé "Vanitas refuse right away for his own reasons. But in the end he ended up agreeing to it but as a result he killed Luna and Mikhail. Vanitas doesn't feel death because he believes he deserves it. But he's changing now." Luca tells Noé.

Of course Noé looked confused as the three looked at him. Dante and the other two sighed because they knew Noé didn't understand what he meant.

"He's changing because of you."

To be continued