Chapter 34

Vanitas was taken to the ER right away, Dante and the other two had to wait until they were done with him. So they can hear what his condition is and so they can see him too.

In Vanitas Mind

"Vani."

"Vani."

Hearing his name being called Vanitas slowly opened his eyes. He saw a person with long white hair and the same light blue eyes like the blue moon.

Vanitas looked at the person "Who are you..?" He asked the person, they looked familiar but Vanitas couldn't remember who the person was for some reason. The person's eyes sadden at hearing that.

"It's not too shocking to hear that. You did get pushed into the street and get hit by a truck. My name is Luna after all you were the one that gave me the name,Vanitas." Luna tells him with a smile on their face.

Of course Vanitas eyes widen, he couldn't remember anything and he now knows why. It was because he got into an accident, Vanitas looks around "Am I dead now?" He asked Luna.

Luna sadly smiles "Right now the doctor is trying their best to save you Vani." Vanitas didn't say anything "So I am dying then." He asked Luna as they nodded.

There was silence between them "If I'm seeing you then does that mean your dead as well?" Vanitas asked Luna as they nodded "Yes. I was killed...I won't say who killed me though. It will only bring you pain..." Luna whispered the last sentence quietly.

Vanitas looked surprised but then he looked down as he now knows he was going to die. Luna leaned in closer as Vanitas was taken back with widen eyes.

"W-What is it...?" Vanitas stuttered a little, Luna smiled gently "Your still the same boy as ever. Your a kind boy." Vanitas eyes widen at hearing that "I'm not kind...."

Luna nodded with a smile as they held Vanitas right arm up. "You can live. After all you chose to be part of my family, so this mark will save you Vani." Luna told Vanitas. He looked at the mark on his right arm.

"I'll live as long as I have this mark?" Vanitas asked as Luna nodded "Only if I allow it. I will make sure you don't die today but..." Luna trailed off as Vanitas looked at Luna with concern now.

"But what?" Vanitas decided to ask Luna. They looked at Vanitas with sadness once again "When you wake up...you will not remember anything...I can't help you with that. I'm sorry..." Luna apologized.

Vanitas shook his head "It's fine if I don't remember. Its fine as long as I live right?" He asked Luna as they chuckled "Yes that is true. Even if you don't remember all the memories you made good and bad will always be deep down with you..." Luna tells Vanitas as he nodded than sadly Luna spoke with sadness "It's almost time Vani..."

Outside of Mind

"One more time! We have to save this boy!" The doctor shouted as one of the assistance noticed something "Doctor! Look!" She yelled as they saw tears streaming down Vanitas cheeks.

His heart was beating, he was alive. The doctor and the others finished treating Vanitas up and got him to his room that he will be staying at for awhile.

Nobody noticed that Vanitas right arm was glowing as it saved his life. Amelia, Dante and Johann were in Vanitas room looking very worried for their leader/friend.

They wanted him to wake up and act like nothing bad happened to him. They wanted to see him smile even if it wasn't a happy one, they wanted him to be himself even if it was his crazy behavior, the rude behavior too.

Vanitas slowly opened his eyes, he was adjusting to the light in the room. The three were happy to see Vanitas awake now. "...Where am I...?" Vanitas asked quietly, his throat hurts most likely from the accident.

"You got into an accident. Someone pushed you and a truck hit you and the ambulance came and brought you here to the hospital immediately." Dante explained to Vanitas of why he was in the hospital.

Johann and Amelia smiled at Vanitas "I'm so glad your awake Vani. I was worried that you might never wake up." Amelia says with tears streaming down her cheeks. Johann nodded "You gave us quite the scare, we're all happy that your awake now. I'll go get the doctor and nurse." Johann says.

Johann was about to leave the room until Vanitas spoke up "Thank you for worrying but who are you guys? And is Vanitas my name?" Their eyes widen at this, Vanitas didn't know who they were or know who he was himself.

Amelia and Dante looked at Johann as he nodded and left. Johann needed to get the doctor and nurse to the room so they can check Vanitas and tell them why he doesn't remember anything.

He ran to the nurses "We need the doctor our friend Vanitas just woke up! And he doesn't remember us or who he is!" Johann yelled as they tried to calm him down.

After a few minutes of calming Johann down him, the doctor and two nurses were in the room. "He hit his head hard so it's no surprise that he would have memory lost." The doctor told him.

Dante glared at the doctor "You could have told us about it! And will his memories ever return back to him!" Dante shouted at the doctor as he flinched at Dante. Vanitas just looked at the people in his room.

'So my name is Vanitas and these guys are my friends?' Vanitas thought to himself as he was lost in thought.

Meanwhile on a roof close to Vanitas hospital room was someone watching as no emotion was present on his face. "You got into a really bad accident dear big brother." He watched them.

"You would never have let that happen if it wasn't for the man that turned you into this weak person you are now." The boy said as his white hair was wet and his blue eyes shine like the blue moon just like Vanitas.

This was Mikhail, Vanitas adoptive little brother who he thinks is dead. He soon stood up as he took one last glance at the Vanitas that had no memory of anything.

"I'll make sure you remember everything that you did big brother."

With that Mikhail vanished in a blink of an eye.

To be continued