Chapter 22

Once Vanitas was off the phone he headed straight to the teacher lounges. Vanitas did not knock, he just barged into the room "Mr. Fortis. Mr. Olivier. Are you both here." Vanitas asked.

"You can clearly see us here so yes we are." Olivier says a little mad since his morning so far was interrupted "Ah! Vanitas how are you feeling?" Roland asked Vanitas.

Seeing Roland cheerful made Vanitas want to puke "I'm doing better now. The doctor just said that I need to rest and I should be good." Vanitas tells two of his teachers. Well only one of them teaches a class in his major and the other is a guidance counselor for students.

Vanitas sat in front of them "Mr. Fortis why in the devil would you suggest a assignment like this and why pair me up with Prince Charming of all people?" Vanitas asked Roland.

Roland smiled like he did nothing wrong "I wanted you to make more friends. I wanted you to open up to others and who better to start off with our one and only Noé Archiviste." Roland happily tells Vanitas.

Olivier could tell that Vanitas was not happy "I don't need anymore friends. I will not become friends with the Prince of Niceness or finish this assignment." Vanitas told them with a glare and crossed his arms.

Both men glanced at each other then looked at Vanitas. "You don't really have a choice. This assignment counts as half of your grade, it would be hard to make up even for someone as smart as you." Olivier warns Vanitas.

This of course shocked the Cold-Hearted Prince "Urgh! You guys are assholes for doing this kind of assignment! Fine I'll do your little homework but don't expect anything from it!" Vanitas tells them.

They watch Vanitas stomp out all mad now "He's just like a little kid." Olivier says with a sighed, he took a sip of his coffee. Roland smiled like an idiot as always.

"Vanitas is so much fun to mess with. I knew he would act like this but I didn't think it would take him this long to see me." Roland tells his friend. Olivier once again sighed "Well he's been through some trouble lately." He tells his annoying friend.

Roland nodded understanding "I do hope that Noé will open his heart." Roland says with a small smile as he took a sip of his coffee as well.

Olivier feels the same way, he also wants Vanitas to be more open and a lot more nice to those around him. "We shouldn't be forcing him to change." Olivier tells Roland. "Yes I know that...." Roland trails off for a few seconds before continuing "But I believe that he can achieve more."

Vanitas stopped stomping but his anger was still there. "Look at him!" "The Cold-Hearted Prince is as enchanting as always!" "He's so beautiful!" "He's handsome!"

The girls all had hearts in their eyes like always this was normal to Vanitas. But for some reason Vanitas felt like going to Noé and seeing him. Vanitas shook his head fast "No! What am I thinking!"

Vanitas just went to class and paid attention to the lessons since he had nothing better to do. He might as well take notes for Amelia so she doesn't miss anything important not that it mattered since he could help her.

Noé had some classes to make up since he missed some to visit Vanitas at the hospital. Not too mention Vanitas had some assignments to do as well. "Noé can I speak to you?" Orlok asked Noé.

Orlok was one of Noé teachers "Yes sir." Noé says as he stays behind. "I want to talk to you about something." He says as Noé nods waiting for his teacher to continue.

"The last short story you wrote was great but the love between the two characters I wasn't feeling their love. I want you to try again and try to write it like your the one in love." Orlok tells Noé.

Noé looked at the piece of paper and saw a D on it. "Alright. I'll rewrite it and make it how it should be." Noé tells him with a smile. Orlok nodded and they parted ways.

While walking Noé let out a sighed as he was also looking at his short story of romance. "I thought it was pretty good..." Noé stopped as he just stared at it "I wrote it when I was with Louis." Noé mumbled.

"Noé?"

Hearing his name Noé turned to see Vanitas "Hey Vanitas. I never see you on this side of the building." Noé says with a smile, Vanitas stared at Noé and sighed "I went to see Mr. Fortis and Mr. Olivier. Now what's up with you?" Vanitas asked his boyfriend.

This surprised Noé, he didn't think that Vanitas would notice something. 'Maybe I should tell Vanitas...who knows he might be able to help me.' Noé thought to himself.

Vanitas was waiting, he heard Noé say Louis name. "I also want to know why you would say that ex of yours name?" Vanitas asked clearly not happy with it.

Noé chuckled nervously now "Well I just got my short story back. I got a D on it, I wrote it based on romance and I wrote it when me and Louis were still together. But Mr. Orlok says he couldn't feel the love between the couple in my story. So he gave me a chance to rewrite it with the feeling of love." Noé explained to Vanitas.

Vanitas held his hand out "Can I read it?" He asked Noé, the taller was taken back a little but nodded as he gave him his story.

Once in his hand Vanitas began to read it in his head, of course Vanitas scowl a few times. "Of course you got a D on this. Even I can tell that there is no love between these two. If you really wrote this based on you and that bug then there was no love between you two. I say that you simply just liked the bug not loved him." Vanitas explained what he thought as he handed the story back to Noé.

The sun hit Vanitas making it look like he was sparkling, Noé eyes slightly widen then he realized something that he never saw. He was truly in love with Vanitas and he never loved Louis.

"I'm in love with you Vanitas..."

To be continued