Chapter 40

Vanitas looked at Noé "This person became special to you?" Vanitas asked the tanned male as he stayed silent, his purple orbs looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

Noé nodded slowly with a look of sadness "Yeah, this person was always on my mind and becoming someone I wanted to get to know." Noé told Vanitas as the shorter male looked at him "What happened to this person?"

"Well we started dating but broke up...but I'm still deeply in love with him and I know he loves me too." Noé tells him as Vanitas raised an eyebrow curious "What makes you think he loves you still?" Vanitas asked Noé.

It became quiet as Noé looked down at the ground "Because when we broke up he sounded so hurt like he didn't want to say any of those words. I only just realized a few days after the break up..." Noé tells him.

Vanitas looks at Noé silently "Who was this person?" He asked the tall tanned male, he bit his lower lip. "I don't know..." Noé whispered, he so badly wanted to tell Vanitas but at the same time he didn't want him in pain.

Noé didn't want to see Vanitas in pain again, Vanitas stared at Noé. "You don't want to tell me? Could it be that I know this person or you just don't want to say the person name since it hurts?" Vanitas asked Noé.

That made the tanned man nod his head "It hurts to mention his name..." Noé lied, he loved saying Vanitas name but he didn't want Vanitas knowing it was him. So he needed to lie to the person he loves the most in order to protect him.

For some reason Vanitas felt a slight pain in his chest and warmth at hearing that Noé was still in love with the person. 'Could it be...no I must be over thinking stuff...' Vanitas thought to himself.

But that feeling never left Vanitas at all "So where is your bedroom?" Vanitas decided to change the subject and try to ignore the emotion he is feeling. Noé looked at Vanitas and smiled at him "Over here!"

Vanitas knew where Noé room was but just pretended not to know. Noé showed Vanitas his room as the two were now standing in the taller bedroom. "The bed sheets and blankets are clean so you don't have to worry about them being dirty." Noé tells Vanitas with a smile.

"Okay." Vanitas simply says as he walks towards the bed and sits down on it. Noé smiles at him "I hope you sleep well Vanitas." Noé tells him as he switched the lights off and closed the door.

Vanitas laid down and looked up at the ceiling in the dark quietly 'Why do I feel warm and pain whenever I heard what that idiot said about the person he loved...' Vanitas thought to himself as he glanced at the door.

He closed his eyes to try and sleep "Big Brother, you can't forget about me and father." Mikhail voice tells Vanitas in his sleep, as he was surrounded by darkness now.

Vanitas looked around his surroundings "Where am I at?" Vanitas mumbles as he was frowning "Big brother!" Vanitas turned around to see a boy that was a few years younger than him.

The teen had white hair and blue eyes like him "Who are you...?" Vanitas asked but the boy seemed so familiar to him. The teen pouted at Vanitas "That's so mean big brother, it's me Misha! Or what you called me Mikhail."

That made Vanitas eyes widen, he didn't know why but he hated this dream and wanted to wake up already. Mikhail smiled at him already knowing what Vanitas is thinking.

Mikhail walked up to Vanitas "What's wrong big brother? Do you already want to wake up from this dream?" Mikhail asked Vanitas as he nodded "Of course I do! This is just some dream." Vanitas tries to stay calm.

This made Mikhail chuckle "I see. You might not remember but your feelings seem to remember big brother." Mikhail tells Vanitas.

Mikhail sighed "It sucks when you're like this big brother." Vanitas now looked confused by this "Why?" He asked Mikhail. "Because then I can't asked about what happened to father that night."

"...Father...?"

Hearing that word made Vanitas mouth move on its own. "Luna?" Mikhail smiled excitedly "Yeah! So you do remember father!" He asked him as Vanitas shook his head "No I don't...I only met them once..."

Mikhail pouts in disappointment "I guess it can't be helped if you can't remember but don't worry big brother, I'll help you out and make sure you remember." Mikhail tells him with an excited tone.

Vanitas looks at Mikhail "How do you expect me to remember and why do you so badly want me to remember?" Vanitas asked Mikhail as he frowned at him.

"I told you before big brother, I want to know what happened to father that night and you're the only one that knows." Mikhail tells Vanitas once again as Vanitas felt pain in his chest like he didn't want to talk about it or to remember it.

"Vanitas!"

Vanitas looked up "That's Noé voice?" Mikhail clicked his tongue as Noé kept calling out "Vanitas! Vanitas! Wake up!" Vanitas sighed at that "Idiot." He mumbled but he felt himself waking up.

Mikhail sighed but looked at Vanitas "You might not remember me or anything but deep down you know what kind of person you are and who I might be. Oh one more thing as long as you have those eyes and mark we will always be family and connected to father family."

With that the dream ended as Vanitas eyes widened as he was sweating. There he saw Noé looking concerned at him "Vanitas are you alright?" Noé asked Vanitas, he sat up looking up exhausted. "I'm fine...no need to worry."

Of course Noé still looked worried 'There's no way he's fine, he was sweating and mumbling in his sleep. He even looked in pain...' Noé thought to himself.

To be continued