Birthday

ISABELLA

Today is my Birthday. I am officially 18 now and I'm supposed to find my Mate.

All wolf's have only one, true Fated Mate, and we are only able to be marked by them. If a Female is marked by another Male that isn't his or her True Mate, she or he will Die a Brutal and Painful Death.

This of course means a lot of people die or stay virgins out of fear. Not dating, or being romantic takes a toll on many. I myself am a virgin. 

This in itself also causes big issues for everyone because of depression rates leading to suicide.

All we can do is live with it and stay smart about things. I have had my fair share of scares of almost being forcefully mated. Not just because I'm a female wolf but because my wolf is Solid White. One of the rarest colors a wolf can be because it's a direct link to the moon goddess's bloodline. 

The holy bloodline!

I've not shifted in front of anyone but my parents since the last time I got attacked. I was almost raped and kidnapped to be sold on the black market which is also at an all-time high.

Because of that incident and because it happened due to someone seeing my white wolf, my parents made me swear to keep my true rank a secret so now, I lie and say I'm an omega. The lowest of the low.

All it's caused me is to be bullied or tried to be taken advantage of, and I hate it. I'm very insecure, and my self-esteem is at rock bottom and has been for a long time. Saddest part of it all.. I've actually started to act like an omega naturally. I'm so ashamed and don't even know how to stand up for myself anymore and I blame my parents and the moon goddess!

I don't even think I'll find a Mate and even if I do they will most likely Reject me. Like who would want me anyways right? A shitty daughter that was born from the Alpha of her pack, that sadly turned out to be "born" an omega.

After thinking and being in my head all morning, I finally got up and out of bed at around 10 am and got ready for the day.

I showered and brushed my teeth, running to my closet to choose a nice outfit for the day. I may be an "omega" but I still love fashion.

"I hope I don't get rejected.. or worse.." I said aloud. 

I groaned with worry and frustration but managed to carry on with my day, trying my best to ignore it.

I opened my door and yelled for my mom.

"MOM!! Where's my suitcase?!"
She actually heard me.

"It's down here sweetie! Come get it after you eat breakfast!"

I ran downstairs actually starving and looked at the stack of pancakes and all the bacon she made. The tiny little green and red pepper omelets she was famous for because, she used pepper jack cheese and 'love' as her secret ingredient, sat piled neatly on a big plate.

Grabbing a plate I got two mini omelets, two pieces of bacon, and a pancake. Then my mom spoke as I ate.

"How are you feeling sweetie? Are you nervous?"

I nodded as I finished my mouthful of food.

"Yeah.. like.. a lot actually. Mom, what if he rejects me? Or worse? I don't want to die alone.."