Chapter 11

Kendall was really starting to get on my nerves. She was back to avoiding me. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think we were going to magically be friends after I had drove her home, but I figured at least acknowledging my existence was warranted. 

More than anything, I was irritated that - even after two weeks - I was still being haunted by the stupid kiss she planted on my cheek. For crying out loud it wasn't even anything to get worked up about! I had a boyfriend! I wasn't even friends with her!

I slammed my locker shut in frustration. I had been staring blankly into it for far longer than I cared to admit.

"Yikes, someone's grumpy." Her voice startling me.

I turned to face her; our eyes locked immediately. Her dirty blonde hair was down, falling neatly past her shoulders with a natural wave. she was wearing the outfit she normally wore to practice: a white adidas tank top with black shorts, showing off her toned arms and legs. I kept my eyes on hers, trying not to be awkward.

"K-Kendall," I stuttered, mentally slapping myself, "what's up?"

I notice that Brooke Tasker and Marissa Costello (two girls on the soccer team) were standing behind her, wearing the same devious smirks. My heart started to beat faster. That's why she's been ignoring me. She had been planning to beat the shit out of me in front of everyone and she enlisted some girls from the soccer team to help. It was the silence before the storm. I braced myself for whatever was about to come next.

"I need your help." She said, her smirk not faltering.

"With what?" I asked, taking a step back.

My chest was tightening and my whole body started trembling. I wasn't sure what a panic attack felt like, but I was positive this was one. I clenched my fists at my sides to stop from shaking, but I was positive she knew how intimidated I was.

"I heard you have the keys to the boys locker room, is that true?" she asked, nonchalantly bringing her hand to her face to inspect her cuticles.

"What do you need those for?" I asked cautiously.

"Well, since Coach cancelled practice today, the girls and I want to play a little prank on the basketball team." She said, dropping her hand to look into my eyes again.

"What kind of prank?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

"A harmless one, don't worry." She said in an entirely too sweet tone.

Everything in me was screaming it was a set up.

"I don't think pulling a prank on them is a good idea," I replied.

"C'mon Ronnie, we all have boyfriends on the team, it's not like we are doing it to random people." She said moving a bit closer to me.

I felt my stomach twist as I took another step back to keep distance between us. My back was met by the cold metal of my locker.

"I still don't think it's a good idea. You should just drop it." I said as confidently as I could.

I turned to walk away, hoping I could get away before she could persuade me further. To my dismay she stepped in front of me with one graceful stride, blocking my exit.

"If you're so worried about what the prank is, you're more than welcome to help us." She smirked, tilting her head to the side, "besides, aren't you the one that said you wanted to be friends? What better way to bond than doing a prank together?"

It was a dirty move. We both knew it. It was only a matter of time before she played that card. I should never have admitted to caring about her. I hated her for manipulating me, but I hated myself more for falling for it, "Fine."