Chapter 33

"You seem way too happy." Vaughn said as he stared at me from the passenger seat of the car, "What gives?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said rolling my eyes.

We were on our way to school the morning after I had dinner at Kendall's. She and I had spent the majority of last night and this morning texting. I had to continue to remind myself that it was all real and she liked me back.

The only person I had told was Celeste. She deserved to know before anyone else.

"Says the girl that has been crying nonstop for the last two weeks. Did something happen?"

"I haven't been crying nonstop. And maybe I'm just over it."

"Over it? Really?" he asked in sarcastic tone, "I'm not buying that. Where were you last night?"

"Why are you so involved in my life all the sudden?"

"Since you dragged me with you to break up with your boyfriend."

"I didn't drag you – you offered to come."

"Regardless." He shook his head, "I'm involved, so what's up?"

I let out a sigh before whispering, "you were right."

I kept my volume as low as possible and murmured it to keep him from hearing.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" he said, holding his hand up to his ear and leaning toward me.

"You were right," I said a bit my clearly.

"One more time?" he leaned closer.

"You were right!" I shouted annoyed, "Kendall likes me too, but we are keeping it on the DL so don't go around blabbing, alright?"

He started laughing at my hysterics, "I knew it! Don't worry I won't tell a soul." 

"Thank you," I sighed.

"So, are you guys girlfriends then?"

The question made my blush. I hadn't thought about it. We didn't discuss labels with all the obstacles that seemed to be in our way. I would love to be able to call her my girlfriend, but everything was still new and I didn't want to go faster than she was ready for.

"I don't know what we are exactly. We are just trying to figure everything out."

"That's alright too." Vaughn said a bit more seriously now, "I'm just glad to see you aren't miserable anymore. I don't think I can stomach listening to Creve Coeur 1 one more time."

"Hey, that song is a classic." I said, "But I have another song I'd rather listen to today,"

I promptly flipped through my playlist until I found the song I added last night, Will You Go With Me by Josh Turner. The one and only country song that I will ever like.

"Country?" Vaughn raised his eyebrow.

"Shut up," I said as I hummed along to the melody.

We pulled into the school just as the song finished. Vaughn and I parted ways once we were inside. Reagan was waiting for me at our usual table in the cafeteria. I scanned the large room for any sign of Kendall but she wasn't in yet. I dropped my bag off with Reagan before going to the line to get a coffee.

"Morning," I heard my favorite voice say from behind me.

I turned to find a very gorgeous looking Kendall. Her hair was in twin French braids and her baby hairs – like always – perfectly framed her face. I let my eyes wander down her body, taking note at the way her cropped hoody hugged her torso and showed off her curves. Even with the shirt she was wearing underneath I could still see a hint of her toned abs showing through.