07- They're idiots.

"You saved me"

Although Shin was internally cringing from his white lotus act, he still kept it up.

He wasn't actually lying about Eraser head saving him, just that the 'him' wasn't exactly 'him'.

It was the original owner.

Seeing Eraser head's confusion, Shin explained, "Nine years ago, under the bridge, you gave me food and paid for my treatment at the hospital"

It was a year before the original had committed suicide.

And two years after being declared quirkless.

The abuse of his family was at its peak at the time.

But that night was especially bad.

His father had just been fired from his job after his boss found out about he was having an affair with his wife.

He came home drunk and found his youngest as the perfect object to release his stress on.

After brutally beating him and banning him from entering the house for a week, the poor kid was left to fend for himself on streets with a broken leg and dislocated jaw.

Just as he was dying of starvation, thirst and other internal injuries, the haggard appearance of the pro hero was revealed in front of him.

The boy had already lost hope for getting saved as he had been ignored by every flashy attired hero on the streets.

So he really did not have the heart to place his hope on a man that looked like he couldn't wait to huddle up in bed.

But contrary to his expectation, the haggard man actually brought him to his embrace and fed him the remains of his burger before dropping him of at the hospital to get a full recuperation.

Once he woke up in the hospital ward, the kid's first thought was to run away quickly as he didn't have enough money to pay for treatment.

But to his surprise, the nurse told him that the hero that brought him here had already paid for his treatment.

He was shocked and couldn't help feeling guilty as he didn't even know his name.

Neither did the nurse, so after he was discharged and allowed back into the house again, he took a big risk to enter his elder brother's room to search up on his hero's details.

It took a long time and there was practically no heroes that matched his descriptions.

But after a while he found it.

Not much, only a name.

Eraser Head.

...

Aizawa looked at the boy in astonishment.

He remembered him.

Though he was much smaller and much dirtier at he time, there was no mistaking those amber eyes and long purple hair.

Although the boys condition was bad, Aizawa had seen a lot worse during his hero career. The only reason he remembered him was because of he had arrived from a horrendous case that night.

A warehouse full of dead quirkless kids was found.

And although he had successfully captured and imprisoned the villains behind the incident, the lives of those kids were already gone.

He came too late.

The incident was another heavy reminder that he couldn't save everyone.

As he was taking a stroll to clear his mind, he heard whimpers from under the bridge.

He decided to check the situation, however what he wasn't expecting was to find the body of a malnourished child beside bags of trash.

Without hesitation, he carried the boy and rushed to the hospital.

Staring at the unconscious kid on the hospital bed, Aizawa sighed in relief.

The doctor had told him that his vitals were stable and that he'd recuperate properly without any issues.

Aizawa was just glad that he was able to save him on time.

The incident that morning had really left him a lot of insecurities and self doubt.

Seeing Shin alive and breathing was like a silent confirmation that he was still capable of saving others.

...

"How've you been?" Aizawa asked a bit concerned. 

"It's been good" Shin lied with a straight face.

No it wasn't your Shin literally ended his suffering early.

"I'm glad"

Midnight and Present Mic were watching the two interaction with a soft look.

"Guess the homeless man still has a gentle side huh?" Nerumi thought.

Aizawa cleared his throat before focusing on the reason he came here in the first place.

"So care to tell me what you're doing in the woods?" his eyes glowed a red hue as he questioned the boy.

"I spoke to soon! He's still the same!" Nerumi corrected her previous thoughts.

"Training" Shin answered, not at all flustered by his gaze.

Aizawa scanned the boys 'training ground'.

'Looks more like an apocalyptic scene to me,' he thought.

The once vibrant greenery was filled with scorch marks that had yet to fade. There were a few tree's that had been uprooted from the ground with their debris scattered all over.
Deep pot holes that were filled with water littered the ground, which the heroes found strange because it hadn't rained recently.

"What kind of quirk does he have to cause this much damage" Aizawa wondered to himself.

"What are you training for little listener?" Mic asked.

"The UA entrance exam is coming up"

When they heard this, they weren't surprised. 

Most kids dreamed of getting into UA after all.

But at the same time, this didn't stop Nerumi and Hizashi from having a smug grin on their lips.

Aizawa: 'These guys...'

"Getting into UA won't be easy~" Nerumi held her whip with a sadistic look.

"But work hard and i'm sure you can do it!" Hizashi folded his arms across his chest trying to look like a serious mentor.

Aizawa: 'They're my friends but...'

"so... GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA" 

Aizawa: 'They're idiots.'