22- Battle Training (2)

Bakugo watched as the building he just came out from get encased in ice in less than a minute.

His eyes widened in shock.

This scene caused his already low mental state to drop even lower.

First the Deku beats him and now frosty over there suddenly make an overpowered move like this?

Could... could he even put up a fight against that?

But more importantly what would Shin do in this situation?

He stared at the purple head on the monitor with focused eyes, not willing to look away for even a second.

He wanted to see it.

He wanted to see how big the gap between them truly was.

...

Toru shivered at the cold surroundings, "H-how did you know he would launch such an attack?"

Earlier, Shin had told her to jump once he said so.

At the time although she was a bit perplexed, she still obeyed his order.

Well it was just jumping, not like she was losing anything out of it.

And this was coming from the strongest person in their class so Toru quickly guessed that he had some plan in mind.

But what she wasn't expecting was for the entire room to be doused in ice right after All Might started the exercise!

When Toru felt the cold sensation of the ice below her bare feet, a chill went down her spine.

If she hadn't listened to Shin, wouldn't she be a human popsicle by now?

It was at this moment that she truly started taking the battle training seriously.

"I guessed. Todoroki looks like the straightforward type," Shin lied without shame.

Hearing Shin's answer, Toru didn't know what to say for a while.

He guessed?!

How much battle insight does this guy have?

If Shin knew her thoughts he would definitely tell her that knowing the plot was the best insight ability.

And probably only Sir Nighteye's foresight quirk could give it a run for it's money.

Shin closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he focused on the magoi in the air.

With how his training with Zagan has not been bearing fruit, Shin took this as an opportunity to work on something else he's had in mind for a while.

Magoi sensing.

By releasing some of the Magoi in his body into the surrounding air, Shin was now able to perceive everything his Magoi has come into contact with.

This ability covers another one of Shin's weak points- perception.

Even with his eyes closed, every thing was still visible.

From Toru's slight shivers to the frozen ant in the corner of the room.

He could even sense Todoroki and Shoji's movements on the ground floor.

Magoi sensing was great but unlike the theory of sensory ninja's in Naruto and observation haki in one piece, the energy Shin uses in his body is completely different from the energy the world inhabits.

In this world, quirk users all share a similar 'quirk' energy.

It is that energy that allows them to wield these supernatural mutations in the first place.