25- Battle Training (5)

"You don't know anything..."

"..." Shin looked at the teenager in front of him with a little bit of pity.

But at the end of the day that was all.

Just a little bit.

Because he knew suppressing himself like this would not only harm himself but implicate those around him the longer this went on.

The faster he got over his trauma the more advantage the hero side will have during the future battles with Shigaraki and All For One.

"You hate your fire side so much?"

"It's not mine!"

"Oh then whose is it? your father's?"

"..." 

Shin smiled helplessly, "Does your father have control over the flames you produce?"

"Or does your mother have control over the ice you've been launching at me all this while?"

"Todoroki I don't know what drama is going on at home but there's one thing you should let sink in after today."

A wave of fire erupted from Shin's body once more.

The magnitude of the flame was ferocious and unrestrained.

At this time, Shin did not care whether he gave Todoroki another scar or not.

"In battle all that matters is your dedication."

"Anything else is nothing but a distraction and should be taken as secondary."

"If you can't even do this much then you aren't worthy of becoming a hero."

Shin's words were cold and direct.

Each sentence was like a brutal punch to the chest.

Shoto pupil's dilated and his mind shook rigorously.

Was he wrong?

Was he wrong all this time?

If so then what were all these years of training and resentment for?

Just to be slapped in the face like this during his first serious battle?

Could he-

No.

He can't let this Shin guy get to him.

He's trying to mess with me again.

"He sent you didn't he?"

Shin: "..." Sure enough the mind of a conspiracy theorist works differently.

Ahh... why does today feel longer than usual?

-Shhhh-

"Shin? S-shin you there?" At the sudden invoice from Toru, Shin stopped talking with the emo and directly launched the flame attack at him.

"Yeah I'm here." 

"ha ha my sneak attack failed," Toru panted.

Well he knew that already thanks to his magoi sensing at work.

Shin swung his sword at the incoming ice pillar thrown his way before responding calmly, "En well move unto plan B."

"Roger- Eek!"

The old crashing noise was very apparent through the mic.

"Ah boss I have to go now. It's a bit scumbag to be talking to man whiles having an appointment with another~"

Beep-

Shin: ...Is this teammate really reliable?

...