24- Battle Training (4)

Shoji was taken aback by the unexpected ambush.

Suddenly, he felt a terrible cold, freezing his blood from the top of his head until every nerve was shaking.

He looked up instinctively, only to see the sharp object descending down on his face at lightning speed.

Everything happened so fast that he couldn't react on time.

Snap!

"..."

Seconds go by but no pain came.

Shoji glanced at the shattered dart on the concrete beside him and fell silent.

He looked at the invisible girl with some annoyance.

Shoji: Isn't this just a class exercise? Why is everyone in this class so extreme?

Toru blushed, "Ah this..."

She stared at the classmate beneath her with a flustered face, "I-if I told you it wasn't on purpose would you believe it?"

"..." Shoji quickly morphed a wing from is neck and swung it at her.

A loud scream, accompanied by a loud cracking sound on the building wall was heard.

Toru clutched her back in pain, "Guess not?"

Seeing Shoji getting up from his position, Toru panicked.

She wasted her shot.

Not only did she lose her only weapon, she also lost the battle initiative.

Her invisibility quirk was labelled as a stealth type for a reason after all.

The element of surprise was like a one use card.

Once it's gone, it's gone for good.

Staring at Shoji's fierce eyes, Toru knew he didn't plan on sparing her.

"Damn it."

Understanding that her chances were close to zero, Toru didn't hesitate any longer. She raised both her hands above her head, "Okay you got me," she swung the capture tape around so Shoji could understand her signal.

"You give up?" 

"Yeah. I'm not stupid. It's obvious what the outcome would be if we fought one-on-one."

Shoji knew she was right but at the same time he couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. 

Sure enough, these city folks really give up easily.

As someone who had been an outcast for majority of his life because of his eye-catching mutations, Shoji grew to disdain these type of people the most.

They had it easy yet they could never seem to cherish the things around them.

They didn't have to face the looks of contempt and disgust as they walked down the street.

They didn't have to worry about if someone would get tired of their 'dirty' blood and try to kill them off in their sleep.

They had a roof over their heads and never feared if it would be taken away from them the next day.

But even with his annoyance for the lucky ones, Shoji couldn't deny the envy he felt towards them.

Sometimes he wondered why it couldn't be him? 

If he had a normal quirk, how colourful would life be?

Lost in thought, Shoji bent down to pick up his capture tape on the ground before making his way towards Hagakure.

"Just wrap it around my wrist. I'm not wearing any clothes right now."