21- Battle Training (1)

BOOM

Regardless of how much the building shook, Shin remained as still as a monk.

Calmly looking at the monitor with an unfazed look.

As if everything was as expected.

"All Might you must know that I went to middle school with those two" he pointed at the BakuDeku pair on the monitor, "I can assure you that if you don't at least give them a warning now, one of them will be delivered to you as a corpse at the end of this exercise."

Shin's calm tone sent shivers down their spines.

And one by one, the severity of the situation was starting to dawn on them.

"They... they really wouldn't end up going that far right?" Toru asked in a shaky voice.

"Bakugo could set off an explosion of that magnitude at Midoriya with no hesitation and Midoriya... well he looks ready to win at any cost. I think we remember how unstable his quirk is right now," Shin sighed, "Who can say things won't get out of hand the longer this goes on?"

On the side, Momo also nodded in agreement, "This is a very valid point but Sensei I believe ending the exercise altogether would be the best course of action."

All Might clenched his fist.

He knew what the students were saying was correct but if he stopped the exercise wouldn't this be cutting off Midoriya's growth?

For some reason he felt that these two boys needed this confrontation.

There was a nagging feeling inside him that told him if they stopped things here, this feud would only get deeper.

"Young Bakugo if you set off an explosion like that once more, the exercise will end here with your loss."

"Huh?... Tch guess I'll just take you out the old way you damn Deku!"

Toshinori: ...this is for the best right?

Seeing All Might's actions, Shin only glanced at the pro one last time before falling silent and facing the monitor once more.

He was already aware that All Might would not end the battle.

The only reason why he tried intervening in the first place was not to look so out of place.

It was well known by the UA staff that him and the childhood sweethearts graduated from Aldera together.

Wouldn't it be a bit strange if he remained indifferent even after watching Bakugo set off such an explosion at Midoriya?

And especially after noticing the cameras in the corners of the observation lounge.

Who's to say Nezu would not observe our first battle training?

Thinking of this, Shin sighed in his heart. 

The job of an actor was really taxing.

He suddenly had a newfound respect for people in that occupation.

"I'm kinda glad we weren't paired up against that guy" Toru muttered under her breath.

The monitor constantly displayed Bakugo's rage filled demeanour as he scurried through the halls in search of freckles.

Whiles Midoriya was busy running as if his life was on the line.

Looking at this scene, Shin shook his head helplessly, "Such an unhealthy relationship."

Toru: ??

...

Minutes passed by and the end result remained unchanged.