18- Quirk Assessment Test (3)

"Eraser? never heard of him" Kirishima looked at his sensei with some confusion.

Most likely wandering how an unpopular hero could be the homeroom teacher for UA's hero class.

"He's an underground hero. He specialises in covet operations as his quirk allows him to erase quirks with just a glance" Shin informed the red head, his tone a bit smug.

The rest of the class stared at their teacher in awe when they heard of his quirk.

Kaminari lips twitched, "Man that's scary."

"Yeah I can't imagine how it would be without my quirk" Sero added.

The class mentally noted down not to piss off their new sensei.

Mina noticed this, "You seem to like him a lot?"

"He's my favourite hero" Shin announced as there was nothing to hide.

Just as Shin was about to say more, his Aizawa's voice sounded.

"You save one person and become a useless doll afterwards?"

"Midoriya Izuku. You can't become a hero with a power like this"

"Your favourite hero is scary man" Kirishima muttered.

Shin merely shoved him slightly with his elbow, "I see you yearn for expulsion too Kiri?"

Kirishima quickly kept silent after that.

The class watched as Aizawa released his hold on Midoriya, signalling for the continuation of the test.

Some tried cheering him on.

Some felt pity for him as they already deemed him as last place in their hearts.

And others remained indifferent from beginning to end.

Shin saw this and couldn't help sighing.

At this point the class was merely a bunch of strangers mashed up together so it wasn't strange to see such mixed reactions.

On the field, Midoriya stared intently at the softball in his grasp.

He was well aware that he couldn't regulate his power yet.

One move and he become a liability on the field.

Out of everyone in class, he was the only one not to get some kind of heroic score.

So should he just take the chance and charge up OFA to get a good score now?

At least this way he could get a top score in one of the test...

Izuku raised his head and sneaked a glance at his homeroom teacher, "But I'll most likely lose my qualifications on the spot if I did so."

On the side, Aizawa looked at the greenette with an indifferent gaze.

He really wondered why Nezu passed this kid.

So what if he could blast the zero pointer away with one punch?

Wasn't he disabled right after the punch?

If he wasn't saved by that brown haired girl on the scene, he would have lost his life for sure.

He could admire an individual's heroism but Aizawa has always drawn a clear line between heroism and recklessness.

In his opinion, All Might is reckless.

But he can afford to be reckless because he has the strength to back himself up.

Midoriya doesn't have that.

And since this kid is already showing these tendencies even before his official enrolment into UA, Aizawa feels like it would be best for him to drop out now than to end up as a corpse later on.

Aizawa raised his pen and was about to cross out his name when a huge blast of air current erupted on the field.

After a while, the results came in- 705.3 meters.

"So he still chose to go all out huh?"

Even though he knew this would most likely be the outcome, Aizawa still couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed.

But then again what was he expecting from a kid who couldn't even control his quirk.

He sighed, "Go get your arm heal-"

"Sensei... I can still move"

It was at that moment that Aizawa finally noticed his bruised finger.

"This kid..." 

The pen that was about to cross out Midoriya's name also ceased all movement.

...

"Over 700 meters?!"

"He finally got a hero-like record!"

"His finger is swelling... what a strange quirk"

"Not very stylish though..."

Whiles the class was commenting on Midoriya's sudden blockbuster, Shin stared at the boy with an analysing eye.

Shin had to admit that freckles was a genius under pressure.

Most wouldn't be able to have thought of focusing their power at a single point with someone like Aizawa breathing down their neck.

As he was praising Midoriya in his heart, the focus of the praise turned his head and locked gazes with him.

Shin saw the victorious grin on his face and his lips twitched at the sight.

Shin: If only he wasn't such an ass...

Kirishima noticed their mental showdown, "Dude did you offend that guy?"

Shin was silent for a while before nodding, "He probably thinks I stole his childhood sweetheart from him."

Kirishima: ...

Shin wasn't joking.

He had spent a lot of time thinking about Midoriya's attitude towards him.

But all conclusions led to the same point- Bakugo Katsuki.

Why did Izuku get annoyed when he helped him from getting bullied by Bakugo?

Why did he smile when Bakugo attacked him in the halls of Aldera middle school?

When he 'advised' him not to take the UA entrance exam who was also present on the scene? Bakugo!

Shin still remembered the dazed look on Midoriya's face when Bakugo announced that he would be his rival.

The more Shin thought about it, the more things made sense.

Somehow he had been caught in the middle of a lovers quarrel, this made Shin quite helpless.

It was also the reason why his attitude towards freckles had softened a bit.

Wasn't it just a jealous teen? Although he didn't like the way he was handling his feelings, Shin couldn't hate him.

On the other hand, Midoriya also noticed the weird emotion in Shin's eyes.

Izuku: What's up with that look?

However he didn't have time to dwell on it for long as the familiar sound of explosions rang out.

"Damn Deku what's the meaning of this?!"

Shin: ...Hey isn't this relationship a bit toxic?

...
[The author has something to say~]

Honestly didn't expect that people would still remember this fanfic

Thank you for sticking it out with me.

I know I say it means a lot a lot, but really, it really means a lot ❤️

Until next time~

-YBA