17- Quirk Assessment Test (2)

Bakugo stared at the tall figure at the center of the circle.

Since the day he saw his name in second place, Katsuki's mental state had gone through some changes.

He realized that he wasn't the best.

And unlike in the original timeline, he didn't need Midoriya's intervention for this to happen.

Just the entrance exam results were enough to humble him a bit.

Maybe it was the fact that Shin had never let him walk all over him that made him accept the outcome wholeheartedly.

His reaction would have been very different if he saw Deku's name above his though...

But even with all this, something still did not make sense to Katsuki.

How could Shin surpass him with just twelve months of training? 

This thought scared him.

Yes, he was frightened.

Even though this was something he would never let anyone know, it was true.

He was scared of Shin but Shin was also the person he respected the most.

Even All Might had to take a back seat.

Shin was his rival!

And what Katsuki wanted most right now was to go further than him.

The class quieted down as they saw Shin close his eyes and begin his chant.

"Spirit of wrath and heroes"

"Dwell in me"

"Turn me into a great Demon"

"Baal!"

Katsuki was just as taken aback by Shin's words.

Spirit?

Demon?

He saw Shin get shrouded in a pillar of blue lightning.

Once the radiance dimmed down, no one could hide their shock.

Even the frosty boy at the back that had been all emo throughout the day couldn't remain indifferent.

Katsuki knew Shin had awakened a lightning quirk after Deku confronted him that day.

But what he wasn't expecting was for him to suddenly transform into some dragon-like humanoid...

His purple hair turned bright blue.

His track suit was long gone and his body was now covered in scale-like armor with white robes and golden ornaments.

Along with his dragon tail and claws, he was shrouded in a majestic aura that demanded respect.

Even Katsuki involuntarily straightened his spine.

He saw Shin raise the ball indifferently and gesture towards the sky.

"plasma"

A beam of  highly concentrated lightning erupted from his palm.

Boom

The ball vanished into the distance, multiple shockwaves could be seen.

The wind pressure from the attack was devastating.

Tree's were bent.

The students lost their balance.

Mineta went flying.

It took a while before things settled down.

Once they did everyone focused on the root cause of the destruction- Shin.