23- Battle Training (3)

"D-dual quirks?" Kaminari stared at Shin's figure in shock.

"Man why are there two sets of monsters in our class all at once?"

"Damn these guys are going to hog all the good ones for themselves!" Mineta looked at the monitor with resentful eyes.

Hearing his words, all the girls present took a step back before continuing on with the discussion.

Mina looked at her red head of a friend that was staring at the monitor with a dazed look, "Hey Kirishima! you're the closest one to Shin here, didn't you know about this?" 

The class suddenly focused their attention on Kirishima.

Kirishima shook his head, "No."

"Huh? really?"

He nodded, "I've never asked about his quirk before. Just thought it was the lightning transformation thing."

Looking at Shin's sudden power-up, a sense of urgency suddenly arose in Ejiro's heart.

He looked down at his palm and watched it harden.

"I need to work harder..."

...

"How?"

Todoroki looked at the newly transformed Shin in disbelief.

Was this guy a dual-quirk user like him too?

No wonder he always felt threatened around him.

"What do you mean how?" Shin didn't answer his question. After all they were here to fight, not to have a Q&A session.

He swung his sword and a sea of flames erupted again, this time hotter than the last.

The hallway was seeping with heat. So much so that the surrounding walls had begun to deform a bit.

Seeing Shin attack, Todoroki also acted. Summoning another round of ice forwards again.

It's just that the final results did not go as expected.

Shoto's eyes widened at the sight of the ice being  devoured the second they made contact with Shin's flames.

Witnessing this scene left a bitter taste in Shoto's mouth.

To reject that man, he devotedly worked hard to nurture his mother's ice.

So many years of training resulted in his attacks being treated like nothing during his first serious battle outside the Todoroki manor.

And it was up against a fire quirk of all things...

He couldn't understand it.

'Why?'

Shin continued to walk forward and with every step he took, the surrounding atmosphere got hotter.

'Why does this always happen?'

Shoto looked at the flames getting closer.

'Nothing's changed.'

He looked up and locked gazes with golden orbs that were overflowing with indifference.

At this moment it was as if time froze. 

The figure of his father suddenly overlapped with his classmate.

"Why are you looking at me like that?!"

BOOM

...

"What the heck are those two doing?" Shoji's body shook from the impact of the mini earthquake just now.

"Hey Todoroki... Todoroki-san are you alright over there?... Todoroki!" Shoji couldn't help losing his cool by the lack of response from his teammate.