(8) Just How Far Is The Nurse?!

Y/N POV:

He kept me slung over his shoulder as he walked out into a crowded hallway of girls.

God this is so embarrassing...

I stared as hordes of girls stopped in their place and turned to each other wide eyed.

They started whispering. "What the hell?!" "Who is she?!" "Is she his girlfriend?" "Tsk, she's not even that pretty." "Why is she on my Bakugo?! He's mine!" "Calm down, that ugly roach probably payed him to do it." "Ew!" "Ugh, I hate people like her!"

I looked down. Tears began forming in my eyes. So much for a good first impression...

BAKUGO POV:

I could feel her warm tears dripping down my back.

What the hell.. is she seriously crying right now-All that trash talk and she's sensitive. Tch.

Even so..should I let them talk about her like that..? I can pretend that I don't care but honestly it's pissing me off!

For a moment I debated on setting her down and stepping in, but I decided against it.

Tch. I unconsciously clenched my teeth.

My main focus was on taking her to the infirmary to get treated, not getting into a fight. I balled up my fists.

Just a little bit longer.. I thought

We were now 2 hallways down from the nurse. We could make it. At least that's what I thought until..

"Bakugo." I heard her say.

For the first time today her voice was stern and cold. "Put. me. down." Her tone of voice scared me a little. Her voice was usually fiery and full of excitement but now her words felt empty, dead.

But still, I can't put her down. Not now. "Shut up." I said as I walked faster. C'mon y/n we're almost there...Idiot if I drop you right now, you'll collapse. Can't you see that your leg is purple?! Gosh, I need to stop getting involved with idiots like her. Tch

"Bakugo." She said again. Shit, shit, shit! just how far is the nurse?! "If you dont put me down, I'll never talk to you for another day in my life."

I faltered and stopped in place.

I replayed her words and tone of voice in my head. She was serious.

"Fine." I said as I dropped her on her ass. See if I care.

I turned my head and started walking into the other direction until I heard a low pained grunt that made me freeze in place.

I looked back. She was clutching her leg in pain. "O-ow.. it hurts..someone, anyone.. please help me.." she said, sniffling, still on the floor.

Not a single person tried to help her. Goddammit y/n. I walked back over to her. "This is why you should've let me take you to the nurse. Dumbass."

Y/N POV:

So that's what he was doing...

Dammit, why didn't I just keep my mouth shut!

I calmed myself and said to bakugo, "Thank you and I'm sorry but why are u doing this for me? We only just met each other."

"Why? That's easy." Now he was perking my interest. "It's because you need to be able to train and get stronger. I can't let my rival get hurt so early." He said with a smirk.

I sat there and stared for a moment. Rival?

He continued "So c'mere..I have to take you there quickly." he said as he picked me up princess style, heading in the direction of the nurse.

I smiled, as I wrapped my arm around his neck. For what, I don't know. His tone of voice, the way he looked me in the eye, everything about his answer just made me smile.

I flicked him in the head and smirked back as I whispered into his ear.

"The battle has just begun."
.
.
.