(19) Her Nightmare And Her Hero

Y/N POV:

After what felt like a while Bakugo pulled away and you were forced to go back to your side of the bed and sleep in your borrowed All Might pajamas.

"Goodnight Bakuhoe." you yelled to him, not expecting an answer. After what felt like a long pause, you heard a weary response. 

"Goodnight..dumbass." he said with his back still turned towards me. I took a deep breath and crossed my fingers. "No nightmares, no nightmares, no nightmares."

I patted down my pillow and drifted off into a light sleep.

~A FEW HOURS LATER~

Voices echoed. "You killed them! It was YOUR fault." I shook my head. "N-no it wasn't me I swear! I-It wasn't my fault..!" A new image popped into your head as an alcohol bottle was thrown at your face. "I'll never love you. You are not my daughter. DIE, DIE like your father did!" 

A shadowy figure dressed in all black came straight toward you, waking you up with a jolt and making you almost fall off the bed. "NO! HELP!" I yelled. I woke up gasping in cold sweat.

A lightning bolt flashed through the windows. Thunder shook and I covered my ears. "No..No...not again!" I tightly gripped onto the sheets.

You frantically looked around the room looking for something, anything to save you, until you saw him, him sleeping peacefully on his side of the room. 

For some odd reason, seeing him almost calmed you down entirely. Maybe I could just sneak to the other side of his bed and get in? Would that be weird? Hordes of questions ran through your mind. Would he mind? What if he wakes up? Should I take the chance?

I decided on taking the chance. For good luck I said a short prayer in my head and counted to 3. 1...2...3..! I took in a deep breath and slowly crawled off my bed, stepping onto the wooden floor. So far so good. I tiptoed a few more steps. 

Thankfully, I was now right in front of his bed. Phew, I made it. 

I let out a relieved sigh just as I stepped on a crack on the floor. SHIT!!! My eyes widened and I held my breath but it was no use, he was already half-awake. I saw his hard packed body move and face towards me. Dammit, what do I do?!?! 

He groggily peeked open one eye and we briefly made eye contact with each other, tensing up my shoulders. To my surprise, Bakugo let out a slight chuckle and did almost the exact opposite of what I was expecting him to. 

He tossed the blanket away from himself and held out his arms in a welcoming kind of way. 

Eh?!?! I hesitated for a moment, unsure if we meant the same thing. Luckily, he caught on...judging by his next words. "Come'ere." he said calmly. I felt myself relax ever so slightly as he did. I weakly got on the bed and inched closer to him, taking in his scent. 

"Hurry the..hell..up.." he mumbled just as he grabbed my arm, pulling me close to him, though he was still half-asleep. My eyes widened. He's so.. warm.. 

I shifted beside him as he wrapped his arms around my back moving them down to my sides-- softening my body, for the second time tonight.

He slightly blushed as I shyly ran my hand down his biceps before resting my head on his chest. I smiled unintentionally. His muscles didn't make it any less comfortable for me to lay on. 

I wanted to get impossibly closer to him.

What is this feeling? Do I like him?

I could feel him grip me tighter as his lips unintentionally grazed my forehead.

My eyes widened and my cheeks flushed however, it gave me a bit more confidence. 

I dug my face into the crook of his neck and wrapped my leg around his making a purr resonate deep in his chest. I blushed, and let out a slight laugh, surprised that Bakugo could even make those kinds of sounds. "Shut up." I heard him say weakly. 

He stuttered. "T-Tch, you're getting c-clingy." And pushed back a little. 

I paused. "And you aren't?" 

"W-whatever...I'm just doing this as a thanks..for..e-earlier tonight.." Liar. He silently pulled me back, shifting so that he had a protective arm over me.

I felt safe and comfortable in his arms..which only made me wonder if he felt the same way.

BAKUGO POV:

After I put my arm over she was knocked out. But I couldn't sleep, not yet. I needed an explanation for all my actions. Why I let her sleep with me. Why I cuddled her. I wanted an answer for everything. Was it because I liked her? I shook my head. No way.

A tingling sensation went down my spine as she nuzzled my neck, still deep in sleep. 

I don't remember when but at some point she got her other leg over me. ..Not that I minded. 

I stared at her. She slept facing me, and I could now feel her breath on me as well as her tiny heartbeat that seemed to calm me down. ...Should I just kiss her?

She was warm and smelled like my favorite candy...caramel. What is this feeling?  

I brushed away the hair in front of her face, holding it in between my fingers. I then brought it under my nose as the scent of sweet shampoo filled my nostrils, which only made me want to play with her hair more. I hesitated at first, but finally got myself to do it.

I ran my hand through her hair multiple times. After every stroke, her reaction kept getting better and better. She smiled brightly in her sleep. Cute...

I turned my back towards her as I saw the sun start to rise through the window. Has it really been that long? I need to stop and go to sleep.

To my surprise, my sudden change of position caused y/n to react and grunt in her sleep-- shifting me so that I was laying on top of her. My eyes widened in shock. What the- 

Her hands rested on my hair. I couldn't tell if she was really sleeping at this point but I didn't care. I was way too tired and weak to resist. 

My face turned more red than any time I could remember as she forced my head down on her chest. My face was buried in her..you know what im talking about..

Fuck, I feel like a perv. I looked up at her, making sure she was okay with me using her chest as a pillow. I looked up at her once more. This feels wrong. She's sleeping.. I pushed away and just laid beside her, looking up at the ceiling. I exhaustively exhaled. 

Does she have some unknown quirk I don't know about? Why am I doing all this shit. 

She rolled back over to my side of the bed and wrapped her arms and legs around me. My eyes widened. I'm stuck- tch, honestly this girl. What a weirdo. 

I unintentionally smiled. She looked..peaceful. 

I got one arm free and used it so I could slip my hand into hers. 

It's your fault for getting into my bed. 

I tightened my grip on her hand. It was so tiny..and soft. I looked back at her. Her facial expression looked even more relaxed. What a relief.

Man I really gotta sleep now. I rested my head on hers and luckily fell into a deep sleep.