(57) Persuade Me

Y/N POV:

As we stood outside the front entrance, finally arriving at the school, he looked around to make sure no one was looking in our direction before giving me a quick peck on the lips and then parting to hide his face in the crook of my neck.

I blush and mumble out softly, "what was that for?"

"I don't know," he snapped, raising his head to glare at me as his cheeks turned pink, "don't ask me stupid questions like that.. You looked c-cute and I just wanted to...okay?" I nod my head and a slight smile spreads across my face as we walk into school, side by side.

To my surprise, he clenches his fist and sweat drips down his face.

"Katsuki...are you nervous about something?" He ignored me so I continued asking him questions. "What's wrong? Is there something going on today? Why are you nervous?"

I reached for his hand, but then paused, remembering that no one knew about our relationship yet except for Mina and Kirishima.

But before I could say anything else, the same consistent crowd of girls surrounded him with more gifts and presents than usual. "Bakugo!" "You're here!"

I rolled my eyes and walked forward, leaving him to go catch up to Jirou.

She unplugged her earphones. "What's up? Ready for first period training?"

"Eh?!" I shrieked. "Training first period?! Are you serious?!" She nodded her head as we dropped our bags off in the classroom and then headed straight for the training center.

About 10 minutes later, the bell rung and Mr. Aizawa started class.

"Alright, so today we are changing up the partnerships and doing a mini teams tournament. The first 3 teams for today will be Bakugo, Denki, Y/n and Jirou. The second team will be, Kirishima, Sero, Mina and Tsu. And finally the 3rd team will be Midoriya, Todoroki, Uraraka and Momo."

Most of the girls groaned. "Why can't we just choose our partners-" "Quiet!" Mr. Aizawa snapped. "If you're on the first team, line up in front of me for directions."

I walked towards him as he took out his check board and explained the rules of the so-called 'tournament'.

"Listen up, I want you guys to really hone in with your quirks. Because other than Bakugo, when have any of you really used your quirks? Today, the only thing you're allowed to do is use your quirks." I protested. "But- mine gets a little out of control sometimes.."

He smiled, "And that's where the boys come in." "Huh?" He pointed in their direction. "Bakugo, Denki, you two will be the base of the team today. Your goal is to propel Y/n and Jirou into the air, at the same time, as high into the air as you can. You have 3 minutes to come up with something, and 2 minutes to execute the plan."

Bakugo scoffed, "That's it? We just throw them into the air? Sounds easy enough." Mr. Aizawa smirked and walked off. "Yep..that's it, you just throw them into the air.."

I punched him in the arm. "You moron, we have to figure out a way to get back down without literally dying!!!"

"Ouch!" He ran his hand through his hair. "Relax, you can just use your wind quirk." I face-palmed myself. "I'm probably going to use all my energy to propel myself into the air, so I most likely won't be able to break me and Jirou's fall!" "Oh." He shrugged. "I'll just catch you."

I made hard eye contact with him. "But what if you don't-" He cut me off. "I will."

I scanned his crimson eyes, looking for any sign of doubt or hesitation, but there wasn't a single trace of it. "Fine, I trust you.."

Mr. Aizawa circled around our group and screamed. "2 minutes left!!"

Denki scratched his chin. "Okay, so we figured out how they're gonna get back down, but how are we gonna get them up higher than everyone else?!" A light bulb switched on in my head.

"We just aim for the top."

"What?!" Everyone quickly turned to face me but my mind was in its own separate world.

"Bakugo," I asked. "What's the highest you can fly up?" He shrugged. "About 400 feet into the air, why?" I stared up at the ceiling of the center, "And how high is this ceiling?" Jirou shrugged. "According to All Might it's around 1200 feet..you're not gonna try and.."

"1 minute left!"

A grin spread across my face. "You know me better than to ask that Jiro.. But at least I have a plan." She raised an eyebrow. "Go on..."

"How about Denki uses his electricity quirk to power Bakugo's explosions, so that he has enough energy to fly even higher into the air. I estimate it would boost him up an extra 200 or so feet into the air." Jirou sighed. "That's no where close to enough!"

My eyes widened in realization. "No..but what if..Bakugo carries us and flies up as high as he can into the air and then throws us up. From there I can propel us with my wind quirk. This has to all be in one quick motion though, or gravity will start to pull us down."

Bakugo put his hands behind his head. "If I carry you both at the same time..the highest I'll be able to throw you guys is max 200 feet." Denki tapped his foot on the ground. "That means 400 more feet till the top." He turned to face me. "Do you honestly think you'll be able to go 400 feet into the air, with Jiro?" I bit my lip. "It's definitely a stretch, but I think I'll be able to do it.."

Mr. Aizawa screamed. "Times up! Everyone on your marks! Now!!"

Bakugo secretly patted my head, pressing his lips to my ear. "I know you can do it", Before getting into his ready position.

Mr. Aizawa blew his horn. "Go!!!"

~~(TOO LAZY TO WRITE EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS SO...)~~

As crazy as it sounds, Jirou and I, miraculously reached the top, though part of it was due to the encouraging words Bakugo whispered to me before the start of the game.

Somehow, it helped me propel us to the top.

Bakugo picked me up and spinned me around, and as you probably suspected, we won.

As we headed back to the classroom I caught a glimpse of Denki and Bakugo talking at the edge of the hallway. What are they talking about? I moved closer, straining my ears.

Denki's voice, was the first one I heard. "You broke the deal."

Bakugo I assume, scoffed. "I wasn't gonna just let you take her away from me!" Her?

He paused. "You know..I used to think of you as my brother.. But after that? How could I?! I almost lost the one thing in this world I actually care about!" 

Denki yelled. "Shut up! It's all your fault! Why do you also have to want the same girl?!" I caught a glimpse of Bakugo's crimson eyes. "You fucking bastard..don't tell the school..think about Y/n."

I stepped out of the corner staring back and forth at the both of them. "Don't tell the school what? And what deal are you talking about?! It has to do with me right? I deserve to know!!"

They faced me, as their eyes widened in alarm and Bakugo dismissed me. "What are you doing Y/n? Stop it. Go back to class.." "No." I crossed my arms. "I'm not leaving until I have answers."

"Fine," Bakugo sighed, stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked out the glass windows.

"Did you ever wonder why I lied to you? Why I stupidly rejected you, and then confessed my true feelings for you later that evening?"

I gasped. Bakugo didn't have to connect the pieces for me but he did anyway. 

"He found out that we are living together and threatened to expose it..I didn't want to cause trouble for you..or have you forced to move out by the school, especially with all my crazed fans and the strict Principal..I had to make a decision.."

"I see," I said and patted Denki's head, earning a scoff from Bakugo. "If you really do like me..you would protect my secret.." I picked up his hands and squeezed them. "Please."

~~

Spoiler Alert again cuz I'm tired and lazy: He agrees to not send it, and everyone goes back to class, happy asf.