(59) "...You're avoiding the question.."

BAKUGO POV:

"Shit!" As my explosions died down, I made a full stop in front of our doorstep huffing loudly. 

She triumphantly turned to face me as she whipped her hair and set her hands on the sides of her hip, mocking me. "I-I won! Haha loserrrrr!" I scoffed. "Whatever! Y-You had a head start! That's not fair! I should still get my..." She raised her eyebrow. "Kiss?"

I looked up at the ceiling. "Yeah...whatever the hell you call it.." 

"Hmmm," She teasingly took a step closer to me, and rested her hands on my upper chest, filling my cheeks with warmth, as my lustful eyes tried bringing her even closer.

"Y/n! Bakugo!" I scowled as Y/n quickly broke away from me and turned to face Kirishima who was coming from only a few houses down. He huffed, "Sorry did I interrupt something...?" 

Oddly, our response was silent.

"Well...I think I left one of my red hoodies in here from one of the last hangouts, do you mind if I check?" I growled. "Whatever, just get the hell in." I opened the door, and gestured for them to walk through as Y/n immediately headed for the stairs.

"I'll check upstairs, you two check downstairs!" Kirishima gratefully looked up at her. "Alright, thanks Y/n!" Kirishima and I scanned around the kitchen table, the game room area, and the living room, wiping the falling sweat off our face. 

He smirked. "Sooo how was your first date with each other?" I looked around to make sure Y/n wasn't in close proximity before answering. "First date?" 

Kirishima looked dumbfounded. "Please tell me you took her out on a date right...dude" I stood there in awkward silence as he repeated my name. "Bakugo?" 

I quickly broke eye contact. "...You're avoiding the question.." 

I growled. "Piss off! It's none of your damn business!" 

Y/n came rushing down the stairs. "Sorry Kiri, there's no red sweater here." I nodded in agreement and pointed towards the door. "None here either. Get out."

He chuckled, "Alright, alright" and shuffled out the door as a permanent scowl rested on my face. Y/n scanned me. "Katsu, did something happen?" 

"Nothing happened, I just got pissed off...!" I grabbed her coat from the closet, threw it at her and headed out the front door. "Y/n, c'mon, we're going." 

I speed-walked down the block, not even bothering to even glance at anyone else on the street. 

The tenseness in my shoulders grew until I found a pair of soft tiny hands latch onto mine and softened me up immediately. "Bakugo...don't be upset.."

The damn near perfect smile she gave me was enough to make me melt.

I stared incredulously at her as I squeezed her hand. "How did you...how did you calm me down so easily...are you a magician..?" She laughed softly as we continued down the street and I pulled her closer to me. "Let's go to the cafe okay? I'll pay."