What "on" Earth

Liam's eyes fluttered a bit. His lids were so heavy that his lashes curtained what little he could manage to see through his half closed eyes. he felt gross and wet which didn't make any sense considering he went to sleep in his bed the night before.

He finally managed to get his eyes open. That's when he realized he was in fact in water. there were wires hooked up to his forehead and suctions attached to his sides and legs. He was in a pod of some kind, and the tightness of the space was causing him to panic.

"Hello!" he screamed and hit the glass enclosing him. His heart races and the machine that was tracking his heart rate began beeping faster and faster. a swooshing sound could be heard followed by a single set of footsteps. Liam could barely see out of the glass but could make out a green figure.

"It is ok... Please clam" the voice said in choppy English as he pushed a few buttons releasing the pressure in the pod and popping the door open. Liam collapsed from the pod into the larger creatures arms.

"are you ok?" the green man asked looking down at the panicked figure in his arms. Liam looked around, and pulled away from the man stumbling a bit. He yanked the wires off of himself and wrapped his arms around his bare torso.

"Am I ok?? What the hell kind of question is that? What on Earth is going on? Who are you? Why are you green? What am I half naked? Wha-" Liam began to ramble until the green man cut him off.

"please! enough questions. I am green because it is how my people evolved on our planet. you are not fully dressed because I put you in the med pod to heal your wounds. I do not have a name in your language so you can call me BeK" he said as he walked over to a drawer and pulled out a blanket. He walked back over to Liam and wrapped it around him.

"y-you're an alien? " he asked as he looked down and then out a window. sure enough they were currently floating through space.

"well to me you are the alien but yes you could say I am an alien." Bek said as he opened the door of the med bay to the rest of the ship.
"follow me. I tried to mimic your atmosphere on the ship since your species doesn't seem to be able to breath in other forms of air." liam just followed BeK as he spoke

"you said I had wounds... how did I get them? how long have I been on this ship? the last thing I remember is going to bed in my apartment." liam said as he looked up at Bek just now realizing that the man was about two feet taller than him. he was only 5'4 so it didn't take much to be taller than him but still Beks height was impressive. Bek Halted in his tracks and looked down at Liam.

"you don't remember?" he asked in a grave tone.

"remember what?"

" your planet...was destroyed"