Home

The ship seemed to fly endlessly through space. It had been three days since Liam had awoken on the ship, and he did his best to create some kind of routine for himself. Every "morning" the human would get up shower, brush his teeth/ hair, get dressed, and eat breakfast with BeK. The alien seemed to have no interest in really opening up. His personal life seemed to be a no go as far as small talk is concerned. So far Liam had found out that Bek was not single but also not happy with the person he was with. It was sort of the equivalent of an arranged marriage sort of thing.

Liam currently sat in the co-pilot seat of the cockpit despite not actually knowing how to fly the ship. He wore shorts and a sweater. His knees were pulled to his chest, a hot "mug" clasped between his hands as he starred out the window. He did that often these past couple of days. Each star, meteor, and rock reminded him how his home was gone. Liam flinched as a loud beeping filled the cockpit, and his ears.

"holy shit what is that sound?!" Liam said

"incoming message from the union" Bek replied looking at the screen and pushing a few buttons to answer the call. Bek began to speak to the Alien but it was in a language Liam obviously couldn't understand. The conversation went on for almost two hours. At certain points bek would get visibly irritated or confused and gestured toward Liam. The alien over the intercom barked a few more orders, and after confirmation from Bek, immediately hung up.

"I am almost scared to ask what that was about" Liam said. It was obvious that the call had caused a great deal of distress for Bek.

"You will be staying with me while I collect a few things for the union. I will need to start your training tomorrow" Bek said
"training?!"
"Well yeah. there is no way you will survive this job with that body." Bek said in a brutally honest tone. Liam grimaced a little embarrassed. He was chubby but by no means so unhealthy that he couldn't do some basic stuff.
"rude" the human mumbled. it was in that moment that Bek realized how that sounded.
"w-wait I'm sorry that came out wrong. your body is fine, i mean not "fine", perfect, it's just not quite where it would need to be for this" Bek stumbled over his words trying to keep the ship on track and clear things up.

Liam blushed at Bek calling his body perfect.

-later that night at dinner-

Bek was visibly tense. he looked tired and upset. Liam sat next to him at the "kitchen" Island eating. Liam took a deep breath about to say something to Bek

"No." he said before Liam could even let out the breath to speak. it was crazy how much Beks emotions switched up. The day before he seemed ecstatic about life like to a crazy extent.
"any particular reason why?" Liam asked looking up from his food.
"I have been on this ship for 6 months, I am now on a team with someone who can barely operate a food modulator-"
"to be fair they don't have these on earth" Bek just stared at Liam as he said that.
"and now he talks back" Bek says referring to Liam as "he".

Liam frowned at the way the alien was speaking to him. Liam set his food down, and stood up walking up close to the sitting alien.
"You don't have to be an asshole" Liam said with a glare pressing his finger to Beks chest.

The two stared at each other for a moment before Bek put his arm around Liams waist but that was it. Bek seemed to come back to himself and let go of Liam.

"Sorry" he said before getting up and walking away.

"What the hell"