White flag

Liam was scared, he didn't know what to do. He thought for a moment before looking down at the girl. These are her people they wouldn't hurt her. Right?
He didn't know how to surrender and so he turned on the com system. He pushed the little green button.
"This is..the captain of this ship." Liam said not knowing if he should give them his name.
"This is Centennial ship 10825. Identify yourself Union." The feminine voice on the intercom said.
"I..I don't have identification...I'm not Union I'm...I stole the ship.." he said. After a moment of silence the com came on.
"We are going to bring you aboard." The said seeming to soften their tone. When he was on the ship Liam opened the ships hatch. He kept the young one on his hip. There were Union soldiers looking at him with their weapons pulled. Liam's heart raced and his grip on the baby tightened.
"Relax" the voice from the com said. A blue woman who looked like the girl accept she had hair, not the shell like piece on the baby.
"I am Liam...I ..I escaped the Union..are we safe here?" He asked referring to him and the baby. They hesitated for a moment before nodding.
"Of course! If you saved her life we owe you. Please come you can dock your ship here. Let's take you to the captain." She said

As they walked Liam to the cockpit of the scouting ship Liam looked around. The ship was homier on the inside than on the outside. He was a little shocked.
When they got to the cockpit the scout lady announced him.
"Here is the...pilot of the craft" she said gently nudging Liam forward.
"My name is..Liam..." he said deciding to trust them. The man turned to them. He looked sort of like the girl on his arm but not completely.

Liam blushed a little as the man turned around to face him

"H..hello.." Liam stuttered out. He didn't know the customs of this alien. The captain turned his attention to the baby. He walked up to the pair making Liam flinch.
"Be still I just wish to check her lineage." He said gently leaning down and resting his forehead against hers. After a few moments he pulled away with a sad look.
"He parents..are no longer with us" he said looking up. He then hit his hand against his chest and spoke words Liam didn't understand. Everyone in the room followed suit.
"Please come with me. I will show you to your room." He said snapping at his co pilot.
"Take control." He said. Before gently resting his hand on Liam's back and guiding him through the halls of the ship.
"I am Sorniakta."(pronounced: Sorin-iahkta)He said as a gesture offering his name as a thank you for Liam's.
"May I call you Sorin? I don't know if I could say your name properly" He joked. Sorin looked down. Had his skin not been red he'd have blushed.
"I don't mind at all." He said. These people were surprisingly kind.

(Sorry for the short chapter)