Chapter 20

Hello guys,

I know, that you all got the last chapter two months ago and I'm totally sorry for ghosting you all.

Life's been pretty hectic but I don't want to be dramatic.

So, enjoy the newest chapter.

**************

Summer before junior year

Dear diary,

They found out, why those teenagers died. Drugs. Overdoses.

Mrs. Denvers and the other high members of the facility were clueless. They didn't know from where the drugs came. It was forbidden for us to use drugs or anything that triggered our addictions.

So, we had to do tests and the workers plus patients had to testify if they saw something suspicious or if they knew something.

Maya says it's the families karma that they lost their children for sending them to this place. She always gives this kind of statements. It doesn't matter how shocking it is to other ears and I'm not going to argue with her.

She gets really nasty.

Once, she almost physically assaulted another girl in her rehab department. I don't even want to be with her.

But Mrs. Denvers says that Maya feels alive and much better when she's with me. The 'positive impact' is seen by others too because apparently Maya always behaves well, when she spent time with me or is with me.

If I can help her, I'll do it. I mean, she's the patient with the longest stay in New Haven.

So, I'll let her say what she wants and ignore it. When she gets bored, she'll always ask about my life and wants to know everything.

I never told her everything of my like and neither would I. I'm just telling her things or little details that make me happy and make the stay here bearable.

I believe later on, I will regret everything.

Beginning of junior year

Dear Diary,

I should have never told her anything.

After my release from New Haven and whatever happened after, I sat down and googled about Maya. I found out, that she's the daughter of a rich attorney family in the neighbor town.

But that's not all.

I should have known Maya had big problems. I thought, if I could help her and if she likes being around me and if it makes her happy, I'd stay by her side.

At first, she wasn't all that bad. She was nice and the only one, who was welcoming. But sometimes, she had this kind of anger issues and say hurtful words or make me feel bad.

She reminded me of my mom. Maya would say sorry afterwards, but it was all a farce.

It happened so often that I actually believed some of her words. I ....I just should have been more careful.

I lost everything because of her.

My life.

My happiness.

My friends.

My brother.

Henry.

***************

Grams left me at the gates. She wanted to accompany me, but I told her she should leave. It was getting late, anyway.