Chapter 15

You headed downstairs, the boys behind you and not only were the sins, Elizabeth, and Hawk present but so were Gil, Griamore, Howzer, and Hendrickson. Hendy, King, and Escanor had a slight blush on their face when they saw the state of you three. You might've showered but it was clear you didn't sleep much last night from the sex marks on all of you. Elizabeth looked sad when she saw Meliodas with you, despite trying to appear cheerful. Gil, Griamore, and Howzer were speechless and Ban was smirking. Gowther was ambivalent and you couldn't read Diane's face strangely.

"Morning everyone!" Meliodas greeted cheerfully with his hands behind his head. "It's 2 in the afternoon, Captain," Ban chuckled. Meliodas looked out the window, "Huh, so it is!" Zeldris rolled his eyes at his brother, "Let's find the mage," he grumbled. "Are you okay Elizabeth?" you hear Hawk ask her quietly as the three of you head outside. You couldn't help but feel guilty.

Zeldris followed because he didn't want to be alone with your friends and Meliodas was just being nosy, though he might've also been avoiding the friends inside. "Yo! What's up, Merlin?" Meliodas asked as we approached her. She looks all three of you up and down, then smirks, "Good to see you finally made it out of the shower." You cross your arms, "Ok we get it, why did you need to see me?" Merlin puts on a serious face, "While you have been letting the two Demon Princes indulge in your body, we still have the other Commandments to deal with." You felt Zeldris and Meliodas tense at her words, they didn't care for the way Merlin was talking to you.

"If the three of you can manage to defeat the Demon King, the Commandments should fall easily. Or, defeat each of the Commandments and one of you absorb them," she explained the last part to Zel and Meliodas. "You should prepare yourselves for either situation." You nod and start to walk off to train, it'd been a while since you had a good sparring session. Zeldris followed, you still had yet to show him how to use the Devil Slayer magic.

"Captain, I have a question for you," Merlin calls out to him. He half turns to face her, unsure whether it'd turn out like last time. "What do you know about your clan's intimate bonds with multiple partners?" Meliodas shrugged, "It's not like I ever got the birds and the bees talk if that's what you mean." She smirked at his stupid joke, "This case with the three of you is unique. Your bond with Lilith seems to be just as strong as the one she has with your brother. This isn't normal, like I said usually the first, or the primary bond, is always strongest if their relationship continues. But the three millennia you and Lilith were together mixed with both of your multiple deaths, seems to have had an effect on it." He looks at her, "Where are you going with this Merlin?" Meliodas was getting irritated internally, remembering the talk they had yesterday.

"I believe you both have a primary bond with Lilith. Zeldris' is obvious, he was the first sequentially. But, her immortality and resurrection mixed with the long time span has somehow induced another primary bond with you. All of this boils down to, she will likely never be able to choose between the two of you, at least not instinctually. Furthermore, both you and your brother will not be able to fight your instincts as easily either." She sighs, "Just be careful. You are all consciously able to control your emotions, but the primary bond makes it significantly more difficult." He looks back at her, "Ok!" then heads off to where you and Zeldris are training.

Ban came out after he saw Meliodas head away from the tavern. "So? What's the verdict?" Ban asks her, both of them watching the three of you train. "My theory was correct. She has primary bonds with both of them and the love they have for her seems to be powerful enough to keep them from killing each other." Ban looks back towards the tavern, "What about Elizabeth, then?" Merlin looks to him with her arms crossed, "The Captain undoubtedly feels obligated to break her of her curse, but as you can plainly see, he's chosen Lilith." Ban stares at you as you show the Captain and his brother how to summon Devil's Laughter, "Doesn't she feel guilty about leading the Captain on and hurting Elizabeth in the process?" Merlin chuckles, "She's not leading him on, she loves him like she loves Zeldris. I'm sure she does feel guilt, but a demon's primary bond, in her case bonds, is so ingrained into their instincts she won't turn either of them away. Likewise for either the Captain or his brother, she'll always be number one to them."