25

"I've heard enough!" Gimli bursted out. He then lowered his voice so only Veryan and Legolas could hear. "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his glob"

"I'll do it quicker" Veryan harshly whispered back, his hand beginning to go up as Legolas's hand began to reach back for his arrow, but Gandalf stopped the two of them.

"Come down, Saruman, and your life will be spared" Gandalf told the other Wizard, but Saruman didn't move an inch. "Save your pity and your mercy. I have no use for it!"

Saruman raised his staff, and fired a fireball straight at Gandalf. Everyone backed up and covered their eyes as the bright ball of fire reached Gandalf. It circled around the Wizard, before completely disappearing, leaving Saruman visibly shocked. "Saruman, your staff is broken" Gandalf commented, the staff that Saruman held breaking right in his hold.

A trembling and scared Grima came from behind Saruman, his hands shaking and his form hunched. Theoden breathed in when he saw his old adviser. "Grima, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a Man of Rohan. Come down" 

Grima visibly hunched in on himself more, tears brimming to fall out. Saruman glared down at them. "A Man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll on the ground with the dogs? The victory at Helm's Deep does not belong to you, Theoden Horse-master. You are a lesser son of greater sires"

Throughout it all Grima listened to Saruman spouting ill words Theoden's way, and as much as the King wanted to fire back, he focused on Grima again. "Grima, come down. Be free from him"

Veryan looked between Saruman and Theoden. He could feel Grima becoming more and more unhinged, his moves becoming harder to predict. Saruman's glare hardened. "Free? He will never be free"

"No" Grima answered lowly, slowly shaking his head. Saruman turned glaring at him. He backhanded Grima, making the man fall to the ground from the impact.

"Saruman!" Gandalf once again called. "You were deep in the enemy's counsel. Tell us what you know!"

"You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where your doom will be decided. I will not be held prisoner here" as Saruman spoke he did not see Grima beginning to get up, his teary face replaced by a snarl, dagger in hand.

He moved in twords the Wizard, and stabbed him in the back, twice for good measure. Everyone could only stand there and be in shock by the scene. Legolas finally pulled out the arrow he was going for and shot Grima straight in the chest. The greasy raven head collapsed behind Saruman as the Wizard turned his back to the others, and began falling off of the tower. 

Veryan knew he could still catch the Wizard, save him if anything, but he just couldn't move. His body froze up on Bathriel, gripping her reigns as he watched Saruman nearing the ground. It wasn't long before he collided with a huge spiked wheel, one of the spikes piercing him, finishing him off. Only when Veryan heard the collide did his body begin to move. He unintentionally moved Bathriel back, shock ridden on his face as Merry, who was sat behind Eomer, covered his mouth up there would be no sound.

"Send word to all our allies and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike" Gandalf told Theoden, his grip on his staff harder than ever.

The huge wheel began to move from Saruman's weight. As it rolled the Wizard into the water something feel out of his sleeve, but most of them were too preoccupied with other things to notice.

Treebeard once again moved to stand next to them. "The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees. Wild trees..."

As Treebeard spoke Pippin finally saw the crystal ball that had fallen out of Saruman's sleeve, and jumped off of the horse he was sharing with Aragorn to go twords it. "Pippin!" Aragorn called out to him, but the Hobbit didn't stop in his step. He walked up to it and picked it up, turning it over to get a better look.