Episode 14

Y/n's pov:

I was walking towards the CEO office as he called me in urgent.

What could be so urgent? I just came to the office and it's just 7 AM right now.

Standing in front of the door I knocked the door, waiting for the response.

"Come in!", his voice sounded somewhat angry. It's not how he usually sounds early in the morning.

I went inside and closed the door behind.

He left the files in front of him and looked at me.

For a while he just stared at me, up and down, but his glare was scaring me.

Did I do something wrong? I don't remember.

After glaring for a while, he left his seat and came in front of me.

I not being able to take his stare anymore, looked down at the floor.

"Miss y/n?", he said and I slowly looked at his face.

He took a deep breath before speaking . "I want you to book two flights for Canada. I have some important meetings there and I want you to be there with me. We need to leave by tommorow, so all the preparations must be done before that. Understood?", he said and I immediately nodded.

"You may leave now!", he said and went back to his chair.

Is he angry at me? I thought.

Jerking off all my thoughts, I just bowed down before leaving.

In the night :

Today was indeed a very tiring day.

After booking the flights I also had to look after the hotel bookings and the safe transfer of all important files.

Coming back to my apartment I had no more strength to cook anything.

I went to the kitchen and took out the instant ramen from the cabinet.

Taking the ramen bowl in my hands I went to the couch to see if there's anything interesting on the television.

I stopped at a horror movie and started watching it, slurping my noodles.

Just then I heard a ting. I picked up my phone and saw the message.

Chat

Jungkook : Hey y/n! How are you? Actually I had to say something important, so I came to your house early in the morning today but I guess you left earlier than usual. So I wanted to know if you would be free tomorrow. Let's grab the lunch together then? And we can talk too while having the lunch. What do you say?

Y/n: Jungkook actually I am going to Canada tommorow for some office related work. Can we talk after I come back?

Jungkook : Oh, yeah no problem. We can talk after that. Enjoy your trip.❤

Y/n: Ah, thanks. Let's meet soon.

___________________

I turned my phone off and stared back at the television. Horror stuff doesn't scare anymore, when your life is no less than a nightmare itself.

At Jungkook's place :

Ahhhh..... Now what's with this business trip?

I thought I could confess my feelings to her but things seem to postpone a bit.

My real concern is not things being postponed. My real concern is her being taken by anybody else before I can make a move. I can't let that happen.

My concerns would've been less if Taehyung provided me with her job related information too.

But he said that he couldn't get an access to that information.

I should've asked her myself about her company and her colleagues. Maybe then I wouldn't be so concerned right now.

Sometimes I feel like always watching her. Watching her every move throughout the day.

I even once thought of installing a CCTV in her house but I know it can complicate things.

I can't let her feel suffocated by my actions. So I need to take things slow and steady.

I love her and I need to respect her privacy. I won't let anybody harm her even if it's my own self.