Growing Closer

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

I am really happy to see a much better response now so a big thank you to all the active readers.

I hope you all are enjoying this story and will keep on supporting me to write more.

The above song is 'Sukoon Mila' from the movie 'Mary Kom'

PS: Did any of you check out the Spotify playlist that I have made?

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

So, Abhimanyu and Priyanka celebrated their first Karva Chauth and Diwali together

Wasn't it amazing to see Kabir accept Priyanka as his little sister?

~~~~~~~

Abhimanyu, Priyanka and Aakansha had gone back home during the winter break.

Payal was overjoyed to see her older siblings after a long time.

She spent most of her time with Abhimanyu and Priyanka telling them all about her school.

While telling her Dada and Bhabhi about how some of the students teased her for being an orphan, Payal innocently asks, "Is it my fault that my parents are dead?"

Abhimanyu is stunned into silence while Priyanka sternly replies, "Payal, don't you ever blame yourself for your parent's death. Those kids who tease you have no idea what it is like to grow up without their parents. Don't pay attention to a word they say. You just keep studying well and make all of us proud."

Abhimanyu, who had finally regained his voice, adds, "Payal if those kids trouble you too much then you can tell Maa or Papa and let them handle it. Don't ever keep all these feelings inside. If you want, you can tell me or Priyanka also and we'll do our best to help you."

Payal asks, "What if I don't make you all proud?"

Abhimanyu smiles and replies, "We all love you Payal and we'll always be proud of you, silly girl. Nothing you can say or do will make us any less proud of you."

He sits down and hugs his little sister by pulling her close to him.

(This is another digital portrait made by me. Any guesses on who are in this drawing?)

Priyanka also joins in the hug which ends with a giggling Payal in their arms.

They all spend the rest of the day playing together.

~~~~~~~

Later in their room, Abhimanyu remembers how sternly Priyanka had told Payal to not blame herself and ignore the other kids who teased her.