Worried Husband

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

I hope you guys liked the previous chapter despite the major hiccup I had mentioned. From this chapter the story is back on track, just as I had written it originally.

I really enjoyed reading the inline comments in the last chapter, so you guys are more than welcome to keep those coming.

A big thank you to all the wonderful readers for all the love and support.

The above song is 'Khairiyat' from the movie 'Chhichhore'

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

It had been about an hour of wait for Priyanka's loved ones, after which a doctor comes out and asks, "Is the family of Mrs. Priyanka here?"

Abhimanyu immediately comes forward and replies, "I'm her husband. Is my wife okay?"

The doctor says, "Your wife fainted due to low blood pressure, but we are performing some more tests to ensure that we are not missing anything else. I think while falling down she has hit her head on something sharp like the edge of the desk, from what I understand. Mrs. Singh has lost a bit of blood due to which she might feel weakness for a few more hours after she wakes up. We had given her sedatives so that she can rest for some time, but their effect should be wearing off soon."

Aakansha asks, "Can we see her for now?"

The doctor replies, "You can go and see her, after she is moved to another room. The nurse will inform you when you can meet her. Also, please remember that Mrs. Singh needs proper rest so try to avoid crowding her room. Now if you all will excuse me, I need to check on my other patients."

Abhimanyu lets out a sigh of relief, as Kabir pats his back and says, "I told you na that Bhabhi will be fine"

Abhimanyu replies, "I know but I'm still worried. She was fine when we talked in the morning. In fact, she sounded so cheerful and excited. I came early to surprise her and I am the one getting an unexpected surprise."

Aakansha places her hand on her brother's shoulder and says, "Now toh you are here na Dada. You will take really good care of Bhabhi and she'll be back to normal in no time."

Abhimanyu nods before turning to his wife's friends and says, "Thank you for being with her and bringing her to the hospital so soon"

Shivani replies, "Arre Jiju, what thank you? Priya is our friend and we also know that she would have done the same for us if the situation was reversed."

Tanya adds, "Yes, Abhimanyu. We are just glad that we could help her in time."

Abhimanyu smiles but after a moment he asks, "Just out of curiosity, why did you girls bring her straight to the hospital? Isn't there a doctor on your college campus?"

Tanya replies, "There is, but that doctor is on leave for a few days. One of my friends told me this yesterday, so I suggested to come to the hospital."

Abhimanyu frowns and asks, "But as per the rules, there must be a substitute doctor if the regular one is on leave?"

Tanya replies, "Well yes but that isn't the case this time"

Kabir sees the look on his best friend's face, upon hearing about the college doctor's negligence and replies, "Something tells me that there will be a new doctor along with a proper substitute at your college. Maybe even a new Dean will be appointed soon."