FOUR

"You didn't tell us that Mr. Jeon is your neighbor." Bong Soon said landing a playful punch on your arm.

"He shifted a few days back only." You said.

"But let me admit, he's fine as fuck! I mean look at him! Well-built body, sharp jawline, rosy lips, doe-eyes, and silky hair. Gosh! Heavens created him with so much care, I guess." She said checking him out from far away.

"Cut it, Bong Bong! Spare him! He's our professor." You snickered while smacking her head.

"But he's dreary and cold. I'm not gonna waste my feelings on him. Bong Soon, you will not have a crush on this guy, got it?" She talked to herself making you burst into laughter.

"You're too much!" You remarked.

"Let's go or Namjoon will lecture us again." You added and cackled.

"That guy is so invaluable, you know?" She said with a sparkle in her eyes.

"I know. He's my favorite." You told.

Both of you entered the library, only to get weird stares from all the people sitting there. You're quite used to this. People stare at Bong Soon because of her natural beauty and they stare at you because of your amazing grades, despite your uninterested behavior in most of the classes.

"Hey." Taehyung approached the two of you but Bong Soon left spotting Namjoon with a pile of books.

"Hey. What's up?" You whispered dragging him towards a table.

"I'm good." He replied with a bubbly smile.

"How about a dinner tonight?" He whispered in your ear making you a bit red.

"Lemme think. Okay, I'm good." You told after calculating your schedule.

"See you at 7?" He asked raising eyebrows.

"Yea. At Chen's Kitchen. Bill is on me since my treat was pending." You said and winked.

"You're pretty cute." He said making you look down.

"Thank you." You mouthed and then left to get some books.

After picking up three educational books, your sight fell on a novel. It looked distinguished and thus caught your attention. Your fingers reached for it to pull it out but you feel something stopping it.

You frown and pull it with greater force than before but it's still stuck. Pressing your lips in a thin line, you pulled it with gritted teeth, and finally, it came out but the person standing there made you scream.

"AAAHHH" A shrill scream left your mouth.

"Mr. Jeon, you startled me!" You said hugging yourself, trying to calm down your heartbeats.

"I was just picking a book. You don't need to scream." He simply said and the crowd surrounding you scoffed.

"Y/n, you got scared by him? Are you serious?" Bong Soon said coming forward and dragging you out of the library.

"Yea. I mean he showed up out of a sudden." You said in a low voice.

"Calm down. The new professor is a bit strange, you know?" She said ruffling your hair.

"I'm going to go." You said and she nodded.

With that, you tightened the grip on your tote bag and headed to your place.

"Okay, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. It just happened. I need to get ready for dinner with Taehyung." You consoled yourself while entering your apartment.

"Thank God, our restaurant is closed today. Okay, let's get it!" You said while changing into some comfy wear.

Getting inside the kitchen, you decided to make a smoothie for yourself. A healthy one! You realized how mean you've been to your body since your mom's death. You thought your mom would feel bad seeing you this way, so you'll become healthy.

You took an apple; a bowl of oats; some almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts, and figs. Grinding them for about a minute, you added a cup of chilled milk and a scoop of peanut butter to it. Stirring it for 5 minutes, you poured it into a glass.

Sitting on the couch, you slowly drank it while scrolling your naver.

Secondly, you proceeded for a cold shower. You always shower with cold water to keep yourself disciplined and fresh. It sometimes makes you sick because the weather is extremely freezing on some days but you still prefer cold showers.

After showering for 10 minutes, you came out and wore some simple winter wear. You are choosy when it comes to people but you get satisfied with plain clothes, most of the time.

"Okay. It's 6. I need to leave in half an hour." You mumbled while finding an accurate pair of footwear that goes with your hoodie and jeans.

"Got you!" You said sliding into a pair of cute and warm shoes.

Reaching the place, you spotted Taehyung. Without any second thought, you approached him.

"Hey there!" He chirped.

"Hey." You reverted.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"That's my question. Remember, it's my treat?" You said with a scrunched nose.

"Sure. I'll just have a Samgyeopsal and Chimaek." He told and you nodded.

"Here." You waved at the waiter.

"What'd you like to order ma'am?" He asked.

"2 Samgyeopsal and a Chimaek and a Tteokbokki. One soju too!" You told and he noted down and left.

"So, what are you up to these days?" He asked.

"Nothing much." You replied.

"I've been wanting to tell you something." He said with a nervous smile making you nervous too.

"Sure. Go ahead!" You smiled at him and the waiter arrived with your order.

"I'm so sorry but the food looks so delicious. Let's dig in first, what say?" You said and he chuckled.

"Yeah. Let's eat." He replied with a cheeky smile and both of you started to eat while talking about random stuff.

After finishing your food, you wiped your mouth with a paper napkin. He did the same.

"Now tell me, what is it?" You said tossing the tissue on the table.

"Ahm, I don't know how you'll react to this but you're the only person I want to talk to about this." He said giving you hope. Maybe, he likes you too?

"I like Namjoon." He said.

"Yeah. I like him too. He's such a nice guy. Who would hate him?" You scoffed.

"No Y/n. I like him!" He said emphasizing the word 'like'. You blinked your eyes blankly and finally understood what he meant.

"You mean, you have romantic feelings for him?" You asked hoping he says no.

"Yes. I have had a crush on him since a few months back." He said with a nervous smile on his face.

Pieces of your broken heart almost came out of your ribs after hearing his sentence. 7 billion people in this world, you've a crush on one and he turned out to be gay? Life's actual shit! You clenched the glass while controlling your tears.

TO BE CONTINUED...