TWELVE

"Do you know Mrs. Jung is being fired?" The girl sitting behind you spoke to her seatmate.

"I heard. Mr. Jeon is no joke." The other one chortled.

"What happened? What did Mr. Jeon do?" You asked turning to them.

"She pulled your ear, right? Mr. Jeon got to know about this from some students and reported the incident to Dean." She explained.

"What?"

"Yeah. From what I listened to, he got mad at the fact she pulled your ear. Y/n, I'm so envious of you. Toppers are so lucky." She whined.

"Why did he have to do that? He didn't even mention that last night." You grumbled to yourself, sitting straight.

You attended all the lectures trying to be attentive. You wanted to score well this time. You didn't want to disappoint Jungkook. He's tutoring you instead of using his spare time to rest.

"Why did you report the incident to Dean?" You asked Jungkook who was cooking.

"She abused you physically." He muttered.

"I was at the fault." You replied.

"So what? Does this give her the right to give you pain?" He slightly yelled.

"No. That's not what I'm saying." You uttered and left.

You decided to go out for a walk to feel refreshed. You felt kinda bored and also your husband didn't seem to be in a good mood. Trying to avoid any arguments, you left.

When you reached downstairs, you saw a 3-4-year-old girl crying.

"What happened to you baby?" You asked gently scooping her small figure in your arms

"Unnie! Where did you go?" She started to cry snuggling in your neck.

"Huh? Where did your mom go?" You asked getting confused at her behavior.

"I don't know." She cried.

"No baby. Don't cry, hm? Unnie is here for you." You smiled at her wiping her tears.

"Let's go home. It's cold out here." You patted her back and she hugged you tightly.

You climbed upstairs and quickly entered your home. Jungkook was just placing the food on the table when his sight fell on you.

"Whose kid is this?" He questioned coming closer to you.

"I don't know." You muttered settling on the couch with her in your lap. She was wiggling in your lap and trying to go to Jungkook.

"Y/n, you stole a child?" He asked with doe eyes.

"What? No! She was crying downstairs. So I asked her the reason and after that, she's been clinging onto me addressing me as her unnie." You told trying to hold her in your arms but she finally jumped from your lap and went to Jungkook.

"You're my Oppa." She smiled cheekily at him and hugged his leg.

"Really? What is your name?" He pulled her in his arms and smiled at her adorable face. You saw him smiling for the first time in a while. Both of them looked so cute together which made you adore them quietly.

"My name is Hyun." She told and giggled.

"Y/n, take care of her. Let me report about her to the police." He told putting her down and you nodded.

"Unnie, play with me." She whined pulling your pants.

"Yes, baby. I'll play with you but let's eat for now, hm?" You said in a feeble voice kissing her chubby cheeks.

"Let's have dinner. Cops will be here soon." Jungkook told hanging up the phone and walking to the dining table.

You sat in the chair with Hyun in your arms. You decided to feed her first but she won't eat.

"Baby, why aren't you eating?" You whined.

"I don't like food." She pouted.

"Unnie won't play with you if you don't eat." You fake pouted at her.

"Please!" She almost cried.

"If you don't eat food, then drink milk instead, hm?" You proposed and she squinted her eyes in annoyance.

"I'll bring it for you. Sit here." You smiled and put her down.

"Are you her boyfriend?" She asked randomly making him choke on his food.

"Oh my god, Jungkook! Are you okay?" You ran back to him instead of going to the kitchen. You patted his back and handed him a glass of water.

"Eat carefully. You startled me." You scolded him.

"Hyuna, you're too young to talk about these things." He replied in a feeble voice.

"Hyuna! Stop troubling your Oppa, okay?" You playfully scolded her and she looked down.

"I didn't trouble him. I just asked if you're his girlfriend." She said with a pout dancing on her lips making you forget her words and melt with her cuteness.

"Sit quietly." You smiled ruffling her hair and placing a kiss on her cheek.

You brought milk and fed her by yourself. She threw a lot of tantrums but you finally fed her.

Both Jungkook and you were busy listening to her talks when the doorbell rang.

"I think cops are here." Jungkook told and went to the door.

"Did you report about the child?" The cop asked and he nodded.

"Here she is. Her name is Hyun." Jungkook told leading him to you.

"Hello, Hyun." The cop greeted but she frowned at him.

"Hyuni, say hello to uncle." You told her but she snuggled into your neck instead of talking to him.

"Hyun, let's go. Your mom must be worrying." The cop said trying to take her in his arms.

"Unnie, no." She burst into tears hugging you tightly.

"Wait, officer. She's getting nervous I guess." You told patting her back.

"You don't want to go to your mom?" You asked her.

"I want to be with Unnie. I don't like this uncle." She spoke.

"Sir, do you mind if I accompany you to the police station? I mean I'll stay till you find her mom." You suggested looking at her scared state.

"Alright. It'll be better because she's open to you." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll leave. You can stay here, hm?" You told Jungkook.

"No. I'll come with you." He told grabbing his car keys.

"Don't. You've to give lectures throughout the day tomorrow. You'll be tired. I can manage." You said holding his forearm.

"You've to attend classes all day long as well. Why don't you stay here? I'll go with her. I'll be coming with you. I can't leave you alone like this." He spoke removing your hand from his forearm.

"Fine." You submitted to him.

Around 45 minutes later, you reached the police station. Hyun was sound asleep in your arms. You were walking to the reporting desk following the cop.

"You're 3 but you're so heavy Hyun. My arms hurt a bit." You muttered with a small chuckle.

"I can hold her." Jungkook perhaps heard you. He took her from your arms.

TO BE CONTINUED...