THIRTEEN

"Would you please repeat her name?" The officer requested doing something on his system.

"It's Hyun." You told.

"Her parent's name?" He further enquired.

"I'm sorry but I don't know. She didn't tell when we tried to ask her." You told.

"Alright. Wake her up, please. I need a photo of hers." The officer told and you nodded.

"Hyuna!" You called softly patting her cheeks but she didn't budge.

"Hyuni, wake up. Oppa wants to play with you." Jungkook added slightly patting her cheeks and she woke up in an instant.

"Let's go for a photo, okay?" You told and she nodded.

The officer clicked a photo of hers and was about to go when you stopped him.

"I'm so sorry to ask you this favor in such a situation but will you please click a picture of the three of us together?" You pleaded him with puppy eyes.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Jungkook whisper yelled but you shushed him.

"Sure, ma'am." He smiled. With that, he clicked a picture of you, Jungkook, and Hyun together.

Although, you barely knew this kid, but she still felt like a family to you. The photograph turned out to be extremely satisfying to you.

"We'll circulate the picture and also check on our systems. You can rest." The officer told and you nodded.

You walked out of the police station with Hyun in your arms and sat down at the stairs.

"Hyun, do you know where did your mom go?" You asked rubbing her hands.

"She went to buy candy for me and asked me to wait but she didn't come back." She told with a sad pout.

"Oh, my poor baby! Don't worry. She'll come soon, okay? Till then, you've me." You kissed her cheeks in pity and hugged her tightly.

The two of you were busy with each other but little did you know someone was standing at a not-so-far distance from you and was busy adoring you. The person was loving your interaction with the child.

"You barely know her Y/n. How can you worry for her so much when you met her just a few hours ago?" He mumbled with a smile on his face.

It's been another hour. You snuggled Hyun inside your jacket and wrapped your arms around her tightly and dozed off with her in your arms right in the stairs. Jungkook noticed that and took off his jacket and covered you two with it.

"Why are you sleeping here in cold?" He talked to your sleeping figure.

"Y/n, you're no less than a kid." He murmured.

"Mr. Jeon? We've found the child's mother. She's coming." A cop came and informed him. He nodded and thanked the person.

Around half an hour later, a lady arrived at the police station and enquired about her child. Jungkook approached her immediately.

"You're Hyun's mom, right?" He asked.

"Yes. Where is she?" She asked with dried tears on her face.

"I'll take you to her." He said and lead her to your sleeping figure. Her mother sighed in relief.

Jungkook woke you up and informed you about her mother's arrival. You stood with the sleeping figure of Hyun in your arms and bowed.

"Thank you, dear. I don't know what could have happened if you wouldn't have been there." She thanked you joining her hands.

"No, it's alright. But, please don't leave her alone like this. It might be unsafe for her. She's too young." You smiled at her and woke up Hyun.

"Hyuna, your mom is here." You told and she opened her eyes shortly.

"Mama!" She jumped on her with excitement.

"My baby, I missed you so much." Her mother cried hugging her.

"Where did you go?" Hyun asked with a pout.

"I was caught up with something urgent and I couldn't come to take you. I'm sorry baby. Please forgive mama." Her mother apologized making you smile.

"It's okay mama. Unnie and Oppa played with me." She said clapping her hands.

"Really?" Her mother asked.

"Yes. Oppa is Unnie's boyfriend." She giggled making you and Jungkook stare at each other embarrassed.

"I told you to stop talking about these things. You never listen to me." Her mother slightly scolded her.

"I'm sorry to both of you. She must have troubled you a lot." Her mother said.

"No, she didn't. She's such a bright kid." You smiled.

"Say bye to both of them." Her mom said and she opened her arms indicating you to hold her in your arms.

"What is it?" You asked taking her in your arms.

"Goodbye kiss." She said kissing your cheeks and the same with Jungkook.

"Where's my kissie?" She pouted. Both of you leaned down at the same time to peck her cheeks but her bubbly nature made her wiggle and both of you accidentally ended up pecking each other's lips. Hyun giggled and clapped her hands in bliss.

"Hyun! You're getting naughtier with each passing day." Her mom yelled taking her away from you.

"Sorry, dear. We may leave now." Her mom bowed and left.

Now what? Things turned super awkward between the two of you, all because of that crash landing of lips!

"Let's go." He told and you followed him quietly.

You played some jazz music to lighten up the environment. None of you talked. You already missed Hyun.

She lifted your mood just with her smile. Her cute pout made you feel so contented. Her sleek hair added more to her beauty. You closed your eyes and her face flashed in front of your eyes.

"Get off. We're here." He told opening the door for you.

"Thank you." You said gloomily and he frowned at your sudden mood change.

You climbed the stairs and he followed. You plopped on the couch with a sad pout.

"What's up with you?" He asked taking seat beside you.

"Nothing. I miss Hyun." You replied looking at the photo you got in the police station.

"How come you got so attached to her in just a few hours?" He asked amazed.

"That's the problem. I get attached to people around me so quickly." You sighed.

"She met her mom. You should be happy for her. Don't be sad." He told trying to uplift your mood.

"Aish! She's so cute. I love her already!" You slightly yelled.

"We can visit her someday if you want. Her mom owns a bakery at Cheonggyecheon." He told.

"How do you know?" You asked.

"She gave me her business card." He replied showing you the card.

"Why do I miss her so much? I feel so empty." You wondered face palming yourself.

"Come here." He said opening his arms wide for you. You jumped in his arms without any hesitation. He swiftly wrapped his arms around your body.

"I don't know why are you doing this but thank you for comforting me." You murmured in a small voice. He hummed.

TO BE CONTINUED...