TWENTY TWO

"You really do love me?" You confirmed.

"It's you. You're the one I want. You're the one I want to come home to after a bad day at work. You're the one I want to roll over to in the middle of the night and wake up next to every day, for the rest of my life. You're the one I want to go on late-night runs with you for food just because we wanted to get out of the house. You're the one I want to take on cute little dates like to a movie, or a nice, fancy dinner, or an early morning breakfast before we both have to go our separate ways for the day." He spoke placing a peck on your forehead.

"You're the one I want to go on fun, exhilarating adventures with, such as a day at the lake, or a hike through the woods, or even just a late-night walk when everything is quiet. You're the one I want to stay in with for the night and build a cute little fort while we watch movies under it and eat our favorite foods. You're the one I want to make happy for the rest of my life. You're the one I want to love and hold when times get tough. You're the one I want to be there for when everything in your world comes crashing down. All my good days and all my bad days, you're the one I want to spend them with. It's you. You're it. You're the one. And I swear to you, I have never been so sure about someone or something in my entire life. It's you, and I say this without a single doubt in my mind." He added making you tear up at his hearty confession.

"I love you Jungkook."

"I wonder if there's a word greater than love so that I can say that to you."

"I was a fool to take your love for granted just because of my miserable past." He spoke laying down on the bed with you in his arms.

"No, you didn't. You made me feel happy and bright around you." You spoke stroking his silky hair.

"I want to tell you. Our financial condition was not so good years back. Dad barely used to come home as he'd be working all the time. To fulfill her materialistic desires, Mom almost became a harlot. She'd call men and sleep with them and then ask them for money. I grew so enraged when I got to know this. I accidentally threw a vase which hit her and her head began to bleed. She was in a coma for a month. People started to blame me for her condition." He spoke and you could feel the pain in his voice.

"I understand Jungkook. Dad told me about this. I just wanted you to tell me by yourself. It must have been so hard for you." You spoke kissing his cheeks.

"My dad cheated on my mom. But people constantly taunted her just because she was a helpless woman. No one understood her miseries. My paternal relatives gave the status of my dad's wife to the woman with whom dad cheated on mom. Mom had to go through a lot. She'd cry all the time and her business drowned. She got into drugs and gambling." You spoke gulping the lump in your throat.

"I am just not saying this but I can really understand what you've been through. My life was similar to yours at a point. My mom and I were treated like some curses if we joined people at their gatherings. They would invite us purposely and then insult us." You spoke.

"Y/n, let's forget all that heart-wrenching past of ours. We can start from the beginning by embracing each other's insecurities. We can love each other and make each other complete." He spoke wiping the tiny droplets of your tears. You nodded with a smile and he leaned in for a kiss.

He stood up and was about to leave when you held his hand

"Stay." That was all you said.

"Rest for now. I'll change and come back." He said and left.

He came back with two glasses and a bottle of red wine. Sliding open the door of your balcony, he set up two chairs over there.

"Come here." He called and you followed his words.

Both of you sat there quietly. He poured you some wine and you gladly took the glass.

"Didn't know we had wine at our place." You smiled taking a sip.

"Our place used to be my place first and so, I know too much about here." He chuckled holding your hand.

"I feel tipsy with just a sip." You chortled and put your head on his shoulder. His hand went to your thighs and he stroked them gently.

"I'm sorry I made you cry." He said.

"Jungkook, it was my fault too. Don't make me feel guilty now." You spoke placing your hand on his.

"I'm happy to be so close to you. I want to be like this with you forever." You added taking another sip.

"You want to eat something?" You asked standing up.

"No. I want to spend time with you." He gave an honest reply.

"Likewise." You spoke stumbling to the bed.

"Let's just sleep then. I feel so tired." He said following you to the bed.

You pushed him to the edge and lay on top of him. His heart beating against yours made you feel so ecstatic.

"Are things really getting right? Or is it just a dream again?" You asked placing a peck on his lips.

"It's not a dream." He spoke changing the position so that, now you're below him.

"You're so tiny Y/n." He chuckled eyeing you from head to toe.

"You're too big. I'm not small." You pouted making him adore you right at the moment.

"I want you." You managed to speak pulling him for a hungry kiss.

"No, you're drunk." He said against your lips.

"But I really do want you." You whined tossing away your oversized hoodie.

"Sleep or I'm leaving the room." He scolded making you mad.

Covering both of your bodies with the blanket, his hand wrapped around your tummy and your half-naked back crashed against his chest.

"I still want you. You can tell me if you changed your mind." You whispered turning to him.

"No. I'm sticking to my decision. Now sleep." He said and closed his eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED...