FOURTEEN

Six months passed in the blink of an eye. Your end-semester exams ended a week ago. Jungkook tutored you so well. He didn't get annoyed even once while teaching you. You don't know how but you are so head over heels for him by now. You get attached to people easily but he's different.

You didn't only get attached to him but also fell for him really bad. Despite he maintains a safe distance from you, yet he never stops taking care of you starting from studies to house chores.

It's your result day today.
"Y/n." He called and you went to him to get your mark sheet.

You looked at your scores and widened your eyes.

"Oh my god!" You smiled to yourself taking your seat.

"You topped again?" Namjoon asked peeking at your answer sheet.

"Again? I almost failed in the last semester. I'm so happy Joonie." You hugged him.

"I'm happy for you as well." He smiled hugging you back.

"Namjoon!" Jungkook called his name but there was a hint of arrogance in his voice.

"Yes sir. Coming." He ran to him immediately.

"I didn't do that bad." He murmured sitting beside you.

"You did pretty well as well." You spoke looking at his scorecard.

"Let's go and celebrate." You suggested and dragged him out of the class. Little did you know, Jungkook was busy taking glances at you.

TIME SKIP

You returned after eating and shopping with Namjoon. It's early evening and you are so freaking tired.

You entered the home and sighed exhaustedly.

"Where were you?" The melodious voice for which you could die rang in your ears.

"Went to celebrate with Joonie." You told placing the shopping bags on the table.

"You never asked for permission." He remarked.

"You never told me to take your permission though." You asserted.

"Are you mad at me? I bought you something. You wanna see." You told searching for something inside the bags. He sighed.

"Here." You handed him the box of a couple rings.

"What is this?" He asked looking at it closely

"A couple ring. One for you, one for me." You smiled at him.

"Did I ask you to bring one?" He asked coldly placing it inside the box.

"It's a present. People don't ask for presents usually. Don't you like it?" You asked with a hint of disappointment in your voice.

"Y/n, stop it! What the heck are you up to? I mean, your behavior is changing with every passing day. What about your clingy self? We married for a reason and we're bound to be within our limits, I hope you do know that. I am taking your responsibility and you're supposed to be my wife in front of my dad and relatives, that's it. We're no more than a teacher and student, do you remember that?" He spoke expressionlessly shattering your heart into pieces.

"I- I'm sorry. It won't happen again, Mr. Jeon." You spoke holding your tears.

"Wait-"

Before he could speak, you left the place without any further talks. He rubbed his temples in pure guilt. Perhaps he realized how harshly he talked to you.

You walked and walked and walked without thinking of any destination in your mind. You were a walking misery right now. You were constantly crying while walking and neither did you care how pitiful stares are you getting from people around.

"I hate you! I won't talk to you, I swear." You sobbed.

"I bought so many couple items for us. I'm such a fool to waste my savings." You sobbed harder and sat on the bench laying nearby.

"Why do you keep on pushing me away? Can't you see I'm trying so hard, only for you. Only for the promise I made to your dad. Only to heal your wounds." You cried hugging your knees.

"Unnie." A familiar voice called. You wiped your tears and looked around and saw a tiny girl in front of you.

"Hyun?" You managed to speak and picked her up in your arms immediately.

"Unnie, I missed you. Why didn't you visit me?" She pouted hugging you.

"I'm sorry baby. I was so busy. How are you here? Are you lost again?" You asked almost panicking.

"No. Mom is here to see someone." She smiled.

"Did you cry?" She asked touching your cheeks.

"N-no." You lied with a faint smile.

"Lying is bad!" She yelled making you chuckle.

"Where is Oppa?" Her question changed your expression in a second.

"Home." You replied shortly.

"Does he know you're crying?" She asked making you close your eyes and hold your tears.

"No baby. I'm not crying." You tried to convince her.

"Why are you lying Unnie? Lying is bad! Did Oppa make you cry?" She asked with doe eyes making you nod slowly.

"I will punish him! Take me to him." She wiggled in your arms like a fireball making you laugh out loud.

"Oh my baby, you're so worried about me, aren't you?" You smiled pecking her cheeks.

"Because I like Unnie so much." She said and her nose flared.

"Don't cry. I will give you a kiss." She said making you smile widely and then, she placed a peck on your nose.

"Hyuna!" Her mom called from afar. You lead Hyun to her.

"Omg! How are you? It's so nice to see you." Her mother said side-hugging you.

"I'm good. How are you?" You asked.

"I'm fine but you don't seem to be fine." She replied.

"No, I'm all good. It's such a small world because you and Hyun found each other again." You remarked with a smile making her nod.

"You can share with me if you want. I'm your Unnie after all." She chortled at her own words.

"It's okay. I'm fine." You smiled back at her.

"Could you please click a picture of mine with Hyun?" You requested making her nod.

You picked up Hyun in your arms again and posed for the photo. She clicked the photo in an instant and showed you making you grin in satisfaction.

"Thank you my little angel for finding me again." You said to Hyun and pecked her nose as she giggled.

TO BE CONTINUED...