TWENTY ONE

NEXT DAY

You left dad's after lunch and dropped Hyun at her mom's bakery and talked about her wish for a sibling. Her mom chuckled when she heard that. She told she's 2 months pregnant already making you happy for Hyun.

"Mrs. Bae, we'll leave then." You smiled and bowed.

"Sure, dear. Thank you for taking care of her. I could really relax for some time." She smiled and waved.

With that, the two of you left for your place. You reached in about an hour because there was some heavy traffic on the way back.

You cooked the dinner and had it with him. After that, you proceeded to your room.

You didn't have any normal conversations with him after that. Things turned extremely awkward after your sudden confession. You were so mad at yourself for crying like that in front of him.

"He must be thinking of me as a fool." You thought laying down.

"He doesn't love me." You concluded and decided to sleep to stop overthinking.

A FEW DAYS LATER

You had a fest at your college today. There were so many stalls and fun activities available at the University campus.

"Joon, let's do something fun." You suggested and he nodded in agreement.

You went to the magic tricks stall first, then you headed to the novels' stall. After that, you consequently went to different stalls to discover different things.

Fest ended at around early evening. You were pretty tired after wandering around the campus since morning.

"Let's go. We are asked to assemble in our respective classes." Namjoon told and two of you headed to your class.

You sat in your respective seats and most of the students were already there.

"Mr. Jeon and Miss Choi were hanging out together all the time during the fest. Didn't you see?" Son Ji gossiped with her seatmate.

"They're dating perhaps." She added.

"Don't be bothered. She always talks nonsense Y/n. They're teachers and might have things to discuss." Joon said looking at your not-so-good state.

You couldn't sit there anymore as you were not able to think straight at the moment. You exited the class and headed to the washroom.

However, the scene created over there made you stumble on your feet. Miss Choi hugging your husband so dearly. You gasped at the sight and his eyes saw your flustered figure.

He slightly pushed her away to follow you but you were quick enough to run away.

You took the bus to your apartment and reached in around 15 minutes.

"You said you wouldn't disappoint me." You spoke wiping off your heated tears while entering your place.

You tossed away your bag and locked yourself inside your room. A part of you said something's wrong and a part of you told you to trust your eyes.

You were mad at him for playing with your heart so easily but you didn't have the courage to face him anymore. You were losing it. You thought you won't be able to keep it up with him now. You may not be able to fulfill the promise you made to his dad. Your dad cheating on your mom turned your life upside down and you won't be able to go through the same again. You won't be able to handle that and you know that very well.

"Y/n, open the door." He knocked. You didn't have anything to talk so you decided to stay quiet.

"Please Y/n. Listen to me once." He begged knocking on the door desperately as if he will lose you.

"Jungkook, please leave." You managed to say.

"No Y/n. I want you to hear my side of the story." He spoke in a cracked voice.

"P-please don't make me into an 'other' woman. I don't want to be called that. Please Jungkook. If you want, I'll leave quietly but I don't want to be someone's 'other' woman." You spoke with barely open eyes while opening the door.

"No Y/n. You're the only woman I've had in my life. It's been you since the very beginning. I'm not cheating on you. I won't. You promised to stay by my side." He cried hugging you desperately.

For the first time, he craved your touch. He wanted you to hug him back for the first time. He hugged you thinking you'll hear him out. He knew he was so close to losing you.

"I love you." He spoke snuggling into your neck.

"Please don't go. I need you Y/n. I don't care what is waiting for us in the future but I want you to be part of my very present." He broke down on your shoulder.

"I love you so much Y/n. I won't be able to live without you anymore. I'm all yours and you're only mine." He whispered hugging you tighter.

"Miss Choi's live-in partner abuses her physically. She's been seeking my help secretly to get rid of him. I, along with her attorney, helped her in collecting shreds of evidence. Today, at the court, he was sentenced to imprisonment for 5 years. So, she was telling me how things turned out and hugged me out of happiness." He revealed making you pat his back gently.

"It's okay Jungkook. That was so immature of me to believe the rumors blindly. Joon was right." You told wrapping your arms around his torso.

"What rumors?" He asked pulling away from the hug.

"That you have an affair with Miss Choi and so you hung out with her throughout the day." You told looking down.

"I'm sorry Jungkook. It was so foolish of me." You apologized stroking his forearms.

"Don't be. I'm glad all this happened. I was able to confess." He smiled cheekily making you smile weakly.

TO BE CONTINUED...