4: 𝐵𝑒 𝑀𝓎 𝒱𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑒

A month had past and Zero adjusted well to his new school, I felt pure happiness from his stories he'd tell me every day,

He'd made lots of friends, people respected his boundaries and sanitary needs, they loved having him around and he was always greeted with warm smiles as he went to school.

He even got himself up in the morning from anticipation, his psychiatrist said that he'd grown so much and matured well over the month at school.

He was socializing well and his speech wasn't affected by the daily use of slang from his classmates, it was truly wonderful.

Zero had a school day cancelled due to a snowy morning, he was a little sad not being able to see his friends and it broke my heart to see him upset.

"Hero, how about we go to the office today? How would that make you feel?" I asked, he jumped with joy at the idea,

I dressed him up in a very formal attire that looked like he was a young CEO. C.E.O. of absolute badass big sister fashion.

As we drove up to the office, I was spaced out until I looked out the window.

Oh my goddess

The paparazzi went wild bombarding us with questions and pictures, Black came up behind Zero and picked him up rushing inside, I stopped and watched, I felt so proud of him.

It was so adorable to see those two together like brothers, until the flashing of lights brought me back to reality and I too ran inside, in the office I found even more of my staff staring at Zero.

He felt scared so he clung to me, I picked him up and brought him to my private elevator where I put him down.

As we strolled out onto our top floor, I noticed Valentine beaming at Zero, "Hello Hero, is this your first day? Why don't you come here by Aunty Val' " she said gushing at him,

She looked like a mother when she looked at him, I had told her everyday about Zero on our lunch break and she would always listen so intensely.

I giggled seeing this, she got on her knees and hugged him tightly, "Azrael?" She called out to me,

"Yes Cupid?" I responded eager for a response, "Can I keep Hero out here with me while you go work, I promise you I'll take perfect care of him and he'll be no bother to me, but only if he wants to," she said looking at him,

He nodded and jumped into her arms, I felt my heart melt at the scene, I put a hand on my chest and finally felt what it's like to see this in thrift person.

She was such a darling in that moment.

I nodded as well and gave Zero one last hug, before walking into my office, I sat down at my desk and began to work.

As soon as Black closed the door he sat down in the couch after pouring a shot for himself, he looked very bothered and unsettled,

"Well then if you're going to cry for attention like that, you might as well spit it out," I commented as I pushed my chair to face him, not paying attention to my monitor screen anymore.

He breathed deeply before asking the question,

"Why do you call him that, Mistress?"

I drew a blank, the question turned knots in my stomach. I sat in silence

"I'm sorry, I don't follow" I said taken a back, "Why did you refer to him as 'Hero' is it some sort of play on word or-" he paused as he saw me rattling my fingers on my desk

He looked down and was about to turn away to leave the room for a little,

"My father," I explained, "My father, was a cruel man, named him Zero because it meant 'nothing' that's all he'd ever thought of him as, nothing. I call him 'Hero' since he never liked the name Zero and he was with me in my darkest of hours, he was my hero. My father did it in the same cruel way he names 'Azrael-ian' after the demon in hell,"