Chapter One

Chapter One

I stayed silent after Ms Morrell had asked me that question.

If you can't tell, I get anxious a lot. Ms Morrell is my guidance teacher at the school, Beacon Hills High School. My parents insist I take her lessons before school, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They're supposedly worried about my health and think that talking to Ms Morrell will help.

It doesn't. I don't talk to Ms Morrell about my problems. I never talk to anyone about my problems. They shouldn't have to be burdened with my problems; they are my problems, no one else's.

How does going back to school really make me feel?

Well, anxious. Nervous. Excited. Mostly anxious. Of course, I don't tell her this. My eyes stayed glued on the clock that ticks. It's 8.15 AM, and school begins at 8.30. I have 15 more minutes of this lesson.

This is my second year coming to see Ms Morrell. She knows who I am. A shy and introverted girl who hardly speaks to anyone unless she's told to.

Ms Morrell sighed. "Paige, I can't help you if you don't open up to me." Ms Morrell continued. My leg began to bounce up and down as a habit of mine. I bit my lip and gazed at Ms Morrell. She's a little bit young... Or at least looks a little young to be a guidance teacher.

The bell then rings suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I jumped up, grabbed my bag, and quickly left for my first subject before Ms Morrell could say anything to me.

I walked down the hallways quickly, feeling a lot better already. Now I just need to push through the day.

I entered the class and sat at the very back. I sighed quietly as there were worksheets on the table, out and ready. I looked at the old man, Mr Curtis, who began to write on the board as everyone poured into the class all at once.

"As you all know." Mr Curtis begins as everyone settles down. "There indeed was a body found last night." I went all rigid as I thought about last night. Glowing red eyes were staring right back at me. "And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened." I looked around the class, and they seemed extremely bored already, rolling their eyes as Mr Curtis has his back to us, writing on the board. "But, I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody, which means you can give us your undivided attention to the syllabus, which is on your desk outlining this semester."

Various groans were heard from the class. My eyes wandered over to the boys who were sitting at the back with me. Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. They were giving each other looks through the entire time Mr Curtis was speaking. Of course, I shouldn't be shocked. Stiles Stilinski is the son of the Sheriff after all, and Scott McCall is his best friend. Stiles and I have interacted a few times at the station, after all, he was there all the time when he was younger, too.

As I began to open up the scybalous paper on my desk, the doors opens with Vice Principal and a girl. She was very pretty. Fair skin, brown big eyes, wavy brunette hair that falls past her shoulders. She looked around at the class, very shyly. I smiled a little when her eyes brush past mine. It was weird to see a new student around here. Hardly anyone new arrives in Beacon Hills.

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent." The Vice Principal began, waving a hand in Allison's direction. Allison kept her head down now. "Please do your best to make her feel welcomed."

Allison sat beside me, where there was a free seat. She was also sitting behind Scott, and Stiles sat directly behind me. I gave her a small nod, and she gave me a smile. I watched as Scott offered her a pencil; she smiled in confusion but took it anyways. "Thanks." She whispered and turned back around.