Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

I woke up the next morning on my bed. I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. Eventually, after several doses of pain relief, my back slowly stop being in pain.

My phone buzzes, and someone trying to call me. I moaned and sat up, pushing off my covers and picking up my phone. "Hello?"

"Paige, hi." Allison spoke. "You totally missed the game last night; everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah." I rubbed my eyes, yawning. "I think I fell asleep, I was kind of exhausted."

Allison chuckled. "Typical Paige; would rather be sleeping than being social."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "What's up? It's a Saturday."

"Oh, everything's good. Lydia and I were just wondering if you wanted to come shopping with us today, for our dresses?" Allison questioned.

"Really? Today? Isn't Winter Formal a couple of weeks away?"

I walked over to my mirror, remembering I would have a bruised back. I turned around and raised my shirt, glancing behind me. I cringed. It didn't look lovely.

"Yeah, but, Lydia insisted that all the good dresses would be taken." Allison informed. "And, before we do that, I have an errand to run, too. I think you would find it interesting."

"That doesn't sound suspicious at all." I spoke sarcastically, dropping my shirt and walking over to my closet. I opened it. "But, uh, okay."

"Perfect! Lydia and I are already here, can we come up?" Allison questioned.

I frowned. "What?" I looked out my bay window and saw Allison and Lydia standing in my driveway. Allison waved, giving me a smile. "Okay, sure." I hung up and walked back over to my closet.

I heard footsteps and talking, knowing it was them. I mean, my parents aren't even here. "I love your house, Paige." Lydia praises as she comes into my room. "You should totally throw a party here, I heard Lucy used to all the time, legend says were ragers."

I glanced over, giving her a fake smile. "Yeah, they were pretty fun watching from my window."

"You're telling me you weren't invited?" Lydia gawked.

"Nah, I'm not really into parties." I shrugged.

"Who's Lucy?" Allison asked as they stand beside me in my walk-in closet. I don't really have a good fashion sense, but, I have a lot of hand-me-downs from Lucy, and Lucy would always send me clothes since our own Mom never had time to take us clothes shopping.

"My sister," I respond.

"She was the school Queen before me." Lydia flicks her hair over her shoulder. "And wow, look at your closet! Where have you been hiding this?"

I shrugged. "Half of them either Lucy's or from Lucy."

"Makes sense; your sister has great taste." Lydia grinned. "This is gonna be fun, can I pick out an outfit for you?" I shrugged and walked towards my bed, sitting on it as Lydia skims through. "Agh, they're all so cute, I don't know what to choose for you."

"So, Allie, what's this errand you've got?" I questioned, looking over at Allison, who turns to me.

She shrugs. "Something small; it won't take too long. Lydia, I know you love Paige's closet, but can we be quick about this?"

"Yeah, okay," Lydia looked back at me. "But, you've got to let me go through all of your clothes sometimes."

"Sure," I respond, and Lydia walked over to me. She picked out a yellow plaid skirt, a white t-shirt, and a yellow plaid blazer, along with some cute white heels to match the top.