Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Night had soon fallen around Beacon Hills yet again and I couldn't help but think about Stiles and if we're hanging out or not. I know where he lives, he lives right next door to me. I could just... Ask?

I sat in my room as it's quiet. Dad's out on duty and Mom pulling late-night shifts, again. It's just me, home alone, in my bedroom, waiting for something to happen. Anything. Which lead my mind to Stiles' and I's conversations earlier. Were we actually going to hang out? Or was it just an excuse? At this point, I couldn't really tell and I was getting anxiety from just thinking about it.

What if Stiles' was expecting me to come over and I never showed. That would make me a shitty friend. Wait, we're not really friends though, are we? We're more like accusations, growing up with each other, I think. He's always been the boy that was at our fathers's work. We'd always hang out with each other when we were there. We would read comic books, talk about the world, what we wanted to be when we grew up. It was so much easier as little kids.

But, now we're teens. And I can't even look at teenage boys without getting nervous around them. Why does it have to be like that? Why can't I have a guy friend? It's so pointless being nervous around opposite gender. I'm going to have to get along with them at some point, why stop now?

After gaining the courage, I'm now stood outside the Stilinski's house. I knew his father wouldn't be home, but that would be rude of me to barge in. I knocked on the door, biting the inside of my cheek. Stiles' and I also happened to be next door neighbours, which made things easier.

The door opens after a couple of minutes of me just waiting there. I was about to turn around and leave, but Stiles' face stopped me. He was practically in PJs. Sweats and a white t-shirt that didn't cling to him. He ran a hand over his buzz cut, a frown settling on his face as he eyes me.

"Paige?"

"Hi, Stiles." I greeted back softly, turning around to him. "I just—We said we would hang out earlier, and I wasn't sure if you actually meant it, or if it was just an excuse... You know."

Stiles opened the door some more. "Uh, I was thinking the same thing but, sure, we can hang out." Stiles shifted to the side and I entered his welcoming home. It felt more home than my own home. I smiled kindly.

"Thanks." I turned to him slightly, almost bumping into his shoulder. "If you had other plans, or if you don't want to, please say something. I totally don't want to make you uncomfortable in your own house."

Stiles closed the door, removing himself from our close prolixly. "I'm fine with it, yeah. Totally. Absolutely. So, what do you want to do?"

"Um..." I hadn't thought about that part, really. I was so sure he was going to slam the door in my face and never want to see me again. "Do you... Do you wanna go somewhere?"

"Go somewhere?" Stiles asked, raising an eyebrow. "Sure."

"Just a right up here." We were traveling through the forest in Stiles' Jeep, heading up to the Beacon Hill's lookout point. Once we were there, Stiles turned off his Jeep, the lights of his car shutting down showing the beautiful lights that glimmers over Beacon Hills.

"The lookout point?" Stiles asked, looking out towards Beacon Hills. "Why'd we come here?"

"I'll show you." I beckoned him out of the car. I stepped out of the car and Stiles does the same. We both closed the door at the same time and walked closely to the edge. "Listen." We stayed silent amongst the animals in the forest. It was a wild night, every creature seemed to be awake.