Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Three

I weaved my way through the lacrosse field with busy people. Tonight was a game. I used my senses to try and find Allison, and I spotted her instantly, following the smell of her intoxicating flowery scent she uses every day.

She sat next to her grandfather which was perfect. This was the plan. Have Allison sit next to her grandfather so somehow she could get Gerard's keys to his office in the school.

I was a bit late to the game as it was already started, but I didn't care. I walked over to Stiles and slide next to him for a moment.

"Hi," I spoke, and he jumped, turning to me.

"Oh, Jesus." He muttered.

I glanced at the goal and we didn't look too well. "We're gonna lose, huh."

"I know, one of their players is brutal." Stiles gestured towards the big teenager, killing it on the lacrosse floor. "Hey, are you okay?"

I turned to Stiles. "Huh? What?"

"You know, with the emotions...? Is it really a good idea to put yourself around this many people?" Stiles asked and I could only focus on how concerned and caring he his towards me.

It made my heart warm. "I'm fine... For now." I spoke. "I have my headphones and iPod in case something switches inside of me. I can feel Scott's overpowering urge to win and low-key anger towards himself for not doing any better." I glanced over at Scott quickly before looking at Stiles.

"That's better than the whole stadium." Stiles shrugged. "What about Allison, how she's feeling right now?"

I glanced over at Allison and focused on her. The wind blew past her curly brunette hair as she spoke to her grandfather. "She's cold and nervous." Suddenly, I shiver, feeling just how cold Allison is.

"Here." Stiles offered me his 24 jerseys. I smiled and take it, not bothering to decline politely. I wrap it around my body and pulled my hair out of the collarbone.

"Hey, Madden," I heard Coach snap my name. "What are you doing here?"

"Watching the game, Coach," I replied, turning my back to him and watching the game.

I heard him stutter. "I—Okay..." Coach replied. I giggled at his nervousness towards me. I spot the huge player on the opposing team. He's a dense combination of fat and muscle, towering over all the other boys. "Come on! Is that thing even a teenager? I want to see a birth certificate!" The Ref blows the whistle, ignoring him. Fuming, Coach sits on the bench next to Stiles. "Who or what is that genetic experiment gone wrong?"

"Eddie Obomowitz. They call him The Abomination." Stiles answered Coach.

Lining up for the next draw, the gigantic player known as The Abomination strides past Jackson and Scott. "McCall, what the hell are you waiting for? This is the semifinal. Bring that roid head into the ground." I heard Jackson talk to Scott.

"Me? Remember when you said I was a cheater?" Scott snapped back.

"And that freak of nature being on the field is fair? Do something." Jackson hissed at Scott.

"I can't. Not with Allison's grandfather here." Scott reminded him. He throws a glance to the bleachers, where Allison shivers next to Gerard.

Another Beacon Hills Player crashes to the ground, immediately followed by a second player smashing into him. I cringed. The Abomination turns back with a malevolent smile. Jackson steps next to Scott on the lacrosse field.