Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

We were parked again, it was getting dark out, and Stiles was on the phone with Scott. "What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles asked.

"Take him somewhere. Anywhere." Scott tells us.

Stiles glances to Derek slumped in the passenger seat. He's breathing hard, eyes squeezed shut from pain. "By the way, he's starting to smell." Stiles informed him.

"Like what?" Scott asked.

"Like death." Stiles tells him.

"How's Paige doing?" Scott quickly questioned.

"She's surprisingly taking this on very well." Stiles informed him.

"Okay. Good. Take him to the animal clinic." Scott says. Scott's work? Really? That's where we're taking him? I rolled my eyes at the irony.

"What about your boss?" Stiles asked.

"He's gone by now. There's a spare key in a box behind the dumpster in the back." Scott quickly said.

"You're not going to believe where he's telling me to take you." Stiles looked over at Derek and I shake my head.

Derek grabs the phone out of his hand. "Look, if you don't find it, then I'm dead, all right?"

"I'm starting to think that wouldn't be such a bad thing." Scott muttered.

"Then think about this... the Alpha called you out against your will. He's going to do it again. And next time you either kill with him or you get killed. You need me. Find the bullet." Derek then hangs up on him and my mouth dropped.

"Does northern blue monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles looked up from a text message as we're in the back room of the Animal Clinic.

Propped against the wall, Derek gradually opens his eyes. "It's a rare form of Wolfsbane. He has to bring me the bullet."

"Why?"

"Because without it, I'm dead." Derek states and we moved into the main area of the Animal Clinic.

Derek clicks on a light and slowly pulls his shirt off to reveal the gunshot wound is now far worse. Viens branch out from open sores while the rest of his arm has turned a sicking yellow. I squirm just looking at it.

Stiles, gagging, states. "Okay, you know, that really doesn't look like anything some Echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of."

"I can get you some!" I offered. "My Mom's a Doctor..." Derek rolled his eyes.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." Derek says.

"Positivity just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles rolled his eyes.

Derek starts pulling drawers open looking for something. "If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time... last resort." Derek stops at a drawer, finding what he needs. He pulls out an electric bone saw. My eyes widen.

"Which is...?" Stiles questioned.

"You're going to cut off my arm." Derek spoke in full seriousness, that I wanted to laugh from scareness.

"Are you insane?" I asked, my eyes widening. "Really, I think you should go to the hospital, I can—"

"No hosptial." Derek glared at me. Derek hands the bone saw to Stiles. Then he begins tying a tourniquet around the infected arm.