Chapter Thirty-Eight

I stretched lightly next to Isaac as the next week rolled around. I had been practically forced to do a an active by my parents so it looked good on my College applications. I wasn't thrilled, but, considering I'm a werewolf, I can handle a little cross-country.

We're out in the woods, on the track. Scott beside us also. "Isaac," Scott sensed something was off with Isaac.

"It's them." Isaac suddenly spoke. I turned to look at him as he glares at the twins, Ethan and Aiden, who were running off after Coach yelled at us to pace ourselves once the whistle was blown.

Scott had grabbed his arm, but he shrugs free, running off when Coach had blown the whistle. "Isaac, wait!"

I sighed, running a hand over my face before breaking out into a jog, running after Scott, Isaac, Ethan, and Aiden. I could feel the wind blowing my hair around as I sprinted after them. I sprint around the others, passing Stiles and a few other students, and I caught up to Scott, as we had momentarily lost Ethan, Aiden, and Isaac.

We come down to a slow pace after we were ahead of the others. "Where are they?" I asked, trying to listen out. Scott's ears must've picke up on something I hadn't, because he started to jog off course a little bit, further into the woods. I followed after him, coming along Ethan, Isaac, and Aiden.

They had grabbed Isaac by the arms, gripping onto him tightly. "Ethan, I was always forget, how many bones in a human body?" Aiden asked Ethan, who was smiling mainicaly at Isaac.

"I don't know, lets count." Ethan snarled and before he could touch Isaac, Scott comes in a punches him, making Ethan fall onto the ground, loosing his balance.

"That's one." Scott commented, starring at Aiden.

I punched Aiden in the face with out any warning, watching him stumble back. "Oh, look, another. 204 to go." I smugly respond as Isaac was free from their grasps. They both click their jaws into place. Claws and fans out, the five of us prepared to fight. Isaac lets out a growl and Aiden growls back.

Before we could do further more, a girl lets out a screech, causing the five us to instantly transform back and look over.

Scott, Isaac, and I ditched the twins and ran over to where everyone stood. Chills went down my body as we went to the clearing. A boy, who didn't look much older than us, had a lead around his neck with blood trealking down his neck, ears, and mouth. There was more blood all over his body.

"It's him, isn't it?" Stiles questioned, who I had just noticed stands next to me.

Noah had been called by Stiles, and my Dad had tagged along with him. I sensed Noah coming, and turned as he called out. "Hey! Get out of the way, get back." Noah snapped. "Get this area cornered off before they trample every bit of evidence."

"Back up! Everyone back up!" My Dad hollered in an authority voice, his eyes glanced over to me for a moment.

"Get these kids out of here!" Noah yelled out.

"Dad, just come here," Stiles brings his father to the body. "Look. Look at it. It's the same as the others, you see?"

"Yeah." Noah nodded. "I see that. Do me a favor. Go back to school, yeah?" he turns to Coach. "Coach, can you give us a hand here?"

"You heard the man." Coach belts out. "Nothing to see here. Probably just some homeless kid."

"Coach." Scott called softly.

Coach looked at him. "Yeah?"

"He was senior." Scott replied.

"Oh, crap." Coach covered his mouth with his hand, looking regretful. "He wasn't on the team, was he?"