Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I had woken up early to go to school the next day. Stiles had left way before eariler in the night, and I don't blame him. I knew it was Allison's birthday today, so I wanted to do something special for her. I had gotten her a bracelet, a friendship charm. Lydia and I both pitched in for it, buying a special charm for her each on the bracelet. I hope she loves it, I know she will.

I also had the idea of putting balloons in her locker, since Lydia and I had her cominbiation. That's why I woke up extra early, to make sure she has a special day. Besides, it's not every day you turn 17. She's a little older than us, but that's completely okay, because she has traveled a lot and needed to be held back a year.

I stood in the hallway that lead to her locker, leaning against some lockers, waiting for her arrival with my present in my hand. Lydia didn't make it in today, neither did Jackson, which was understandable because of last night. 

I noticed Allison approaching her locker and opening it, she was surprised and I grinned. She quickly ushered the balloons back into her locker, embarrassment filled her.

"Happy Birthday!" I bound round the corner and she jumped, placing a hand on her heart, her mouth dropping.

"Paige!" She hissed. "Oh, my God. How did you know?"

I shrugged. "Lyds has her ways. Anyways, now, open your birthday gift! From me and Lydia." I hand her the velvet red box, and she smiled.

"Awe, you guys' shouldn't have." A blush formed on her face as she takes it from me. She opened it carefully, and she grinned. "It's so pretty! I love it." I take the box from her so she can hold her charm bracelet properly. "Help me?"

"Of course." I grin and put the box in between my arm, and clipped the charm bracelet around her tiny wrist. "It's perfect for you."

She hugged me, wrapping her arms around me. "Thank you."

"It's nothing." I smiled, happy that she liked it.

"It's your birthday?" Allison and I both turned to Scott, who looked completely lost on what was going on.

"No." She blurted out, then sighed. "I mean, yes. But don't tell anyone. I don't even know how Lydia and Paige found out."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott looked a little hurt.

"I don't want a lot of people to know. Since I'm seventeen." Allison looked at the ground, fiddling with her bracelet.

"You're seventeen?" Scott's eyes widen and I glared at him.

Allison's face dropped. "And that's the reaction I'm trying to avoid."

"Why? I get it. You had to repeat a year because of all the moving around, right?" Scott figured out and Allison looked at him, surprised. She shuts the locker door then kisses him on the lips. I smiled. "What was that for?"

"For literally being the first person to ever make the correct assumption. Everyone else says "What? Were you held back? Were you pregrant?"" Allison rolled her eyes.

"That's what you hear on your birthday?" Scott frowned.

"All day long." Allison pouts.

"Then... What if we got out of here?" Scott questioned her.

Allison frowned. "Skip class?"

"The whole day." Scott smiled.

"You're asking someone who's never even skipped one class to bail on an entire day." Allison pointed out shyly.