Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Detention had lasted an extra half an hour because I was talking too much trying to get myself out of it. I swear, Harris loves to stay after school for no reason.

By the time I exited the school, it had grown dark. I just realised that Stiles had picked me up this morning, meaning, he was my ride back. I guess I had just grown so used to the fact that Stiles was my ride, that I had completely forgotten that I can drive perfectly by myself, I just choose not too. Maybe I should start using my car again if I'm going to end up in situations like this.

"God, damn it." I cursed under my breath as I brought out my cellphone to try and call Stiles, but my battery was dead. "Well, this is just great!"

Suddenly, lights in the distance from a certain Jeep roars into the lot. I frowned deeply. What is Stiles doing here? Is he picking me up?

"This is a terrible idea." I heard Stiles come out of the Jeep once they had parked up.

"I know." Scott's voice followed.

"And we're still going to do it." Stiles continued as he grabs a pair of bolt cutters from his Jeep.

"Can you think of something better?" Scott questioned him.

"Personally, I'm a big fan of ignoring a problem and hoping it goes away." Stiles tells him and I pursed my lips together.

"Just make sure we can get inside."

"Guys!" They both screamed and turned to me, their eyes widening.

"Paige?" Stiles questioned, walking towards me. "What are you still doing here?"

"Funny story," I laughed sarcastically. "Harris kept me in longer, you were my ride this morning, and I was stuck here. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, crap, I'm sorry, I forgot." Stiles sighed. "We're here because Derek thinks Scott's boss, Deaton, is the Alpha. We're here to prove that he's not."

In a Camaro, parks in a nearby space. The engine kills and Derek steps out from behind the wheel. We walked out way over to him. "Paige? What the hell is she doing here?" Derek snapped.

"She was here in detention and only just got out." I point to myself. "Where's Scott's boss?"

"In the back." Derek nods towards the back of his car.

"Wait, who have him tied up?" I asked, my eyes widening. "That's kidnapping!"

"It'll be better for us when we find out he's the Alpha." Derek defended himself and I rolled my eyes but said nothing.

I peeked inside the Camaro to see Deaton bound, gagged and blindfolded. "That's a bit much, isn't it?" He ignores me.

"He looks comfortable." Stiles sarcastically added. 

Scott and Stiles start for the school building. "Where are you going?" Derek called out to them and I slowly followed.

"You said I'm linked with the Alpha. I'm going to see if you're right." Scott informed him.

We had successfully broken into the school, which I'm sure is ilegal. We stumbled into the priciapl's office. "One question: What are you going to do if the Alpha doesn't show up?" Stiles asked him and I nodded.

"I don't know." Scott spoke.

"What are you going to do if the Alpha does show up?" I then followed up Stiles' question.

"I don't know." Scott repeated.

"Good plan." Stiles rolled his eyes.

"I can see you've really thought this one through." I mumbled nervously.