Chapter Thirty-Seven

Trees blur past as Scott, Derek, and I as we run with supernatural speed, hurtling through the forest. Still on the full moon, we are hurrying to try and find Boyd and Cora. Boyd had tried to attack innocent children, but Scott somehow saved them.

The mystery girl turned out to be Derek's younger sister, Cora. Suddenly, Derek comes to a stop, dropping down to a kneeling position. With an acrobatic flip, Scott lands right at his side to find him examining track in the dirt. I simply pause, rolling my eyes at how dramatic Scott was.

"Is it them?" Scott asked.

Derek nods. "We're not the only ones who decided to stick together."

"Is that going to make it easier or harder to catch them?" I questioned the other two werewolves.

"I don't know." Derek responded.

"Derek, I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they going to do that to everyone they find?" Scott asked.

"Everyone and anyone."

We begin to set off running again, this time getting Isaac to help us. We needed very werewolf we could to catch them.

I had ditched them while the boys were else where finding Boyd. I was on Cora's tail, who was on a poor innocent girl's tail, too. The girl was running, and I felt her fear. I yanked Cora to the ground, knocking her clear off her feet once I caught up to her.

The girl staggers back in shock, and Cora leaps up with an enrage growl. Crouched in an attack pose, I peered up with a small smile at the girl. I didn't mind fighting anymore, it was rather fun.

Cora comes at me, claws slashing. Digging into my jacket, she pulls me around and with a stunning display of strength, hurls me across the clearing, smashing me right into the trunk of tree. I let out a small groan.

Splinters and debris falling about me, I crumbles forward as Cora charges. But Scott leaps out of the darkness, hurtling right over me. He takes Cora down, sending her crashing back.

Even as Scott lands on his feet, however, Cora scrambles up to her own. Except now she rises to face Derek. He bares his fangs, roaring a challenge at her with Isaac standing behind him.

Out of the corner of her eye, Cora sees Scott, Isaac, and I circling. She retreats back and decides to run, gunning for the darkness ahead.  

Derek launches after her with Isaac following quickly behind. Scott and I turned back to the girl who has witnessed everything with ever widening-eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked her gently.

"Wh—What—" The girl stammered out.

"Are you alright?" Scott asked this time. She gives a bewildered nod. "You have to get out here, okay? Get out of the woods. Get out as fast as you can." Scott and I ran off after Isaac and Derek. In a small clearing, Derek and Isaac watch Scott talk with Stiles on the phone. "Are you sure?"

"Throat, ripped out. Blood everywhere." Stiles explained. Lydia had found a body by a pool. "It's like The frickin' Shining over here. If two little girls walked out and asked me to come play with them forever and ever I seriously would not be surprised."

"Can you look a little closer? Make sure it was them." Scott asked.

"Make sure? Who else is ripping out throats around here?" Stiles questioned.

I take the phone from Scott. "Please, just look." I pleaded.

"Uh..." Stiles mumbled. "Yeah, I think it is."