Part 1

TW: abuse

I listened in horror as my big sister took the hits for me. I was late home last night. I got distracted. I was going to be punished.

But Isabella; She stood in for me. She yelled at my father, yelled ungodly words. So now, I sat in my room listening as she cried for him to stop. I wanted to help her but knew I couldn't.

If I tried to help we'd both be punished ten times worse. I shit my eyes and leant on my pillows, praying for my sisters safety it would stop soon.

I must have fell asleep because next thing I know I heard the door fling open. My mother stood in the door frame with her arms crossed. "We've been calling you.
Your father has guests over. Make yourself look at least half human and come say hello. Now." Maya hissed, my mother.

"Sorry Ma'am.." I apologised as I got up and brushed my hair and applied some light makeup on my face and a heavier makeup on any bruises and scars.

I slowly walked down the stairs, preparing myself to have to sit through an agonisingly painful conversation.

"Ah, here she is. My youngest daughter. Catalina." My father introduced me to his guests.

"Hello.." I half whispered earning a smack from my mother on my arm, "Speak up!" She spat.

"Hello." I corrected myself while rubbing over the spot my mother had hit. The room was silent. You could hear a pin drop. "Hello." A dark haired boy who sat on the sofa replied.

"Lina take a seat." My father pulled me by my wrist over to sit next to him and my sister. I saw she had many bruises and wounds and my face dropped. Father beat her badly this time.

"These are the Delgados. Hugo will be taking over Jose's company in 3 months time." My father Explained, "He also will be taking over our company in a few years time since your mother wasn't able to give me a capable heir." He snarled while glaring at my family.

"But Father would that not mean- yes. Thats exactly what that means. Hugo is here to take his pick." My father interrupted Isabella. I shared a concerned look with my sister. I'm barely 18, I turned 18 two days ago.

"Uh father I don't mean to be rude but I'm merely of age..." I half whispered, scared to see what was going to happen next.

"Are you trying to talk back to me?" He spat while clenching his fists. Immediately, I shook my head no. "And now your lying to me?! Take her down to the basement I'll deal with her later." My father beckoned. Before I could do anything I felt 2 strong arms on me. I tried to get them off me but my dad's men were much stronger then me.

"Please! I'll be good! I promise! I'll be good!" I cried as my sister tried to fight them off, "GET OFF HER! LET GO!" She tried to pull me but failed and was pulled off by another of my dad's men.

I was carried down the stairs as I cried and begged to be let go. "PLEASE I'LL BE GOOD! PLEASE DONT DO THIS!" I screamed as I heard the door open and ny fathers voice.

"Use the whip untill she stops crying. I'll finnish it off later." He instructed. I wanted to get up and hide but it would only make my punishment worse.

I didn't bother fighting back as one tied me to the chair while the other got out the whip.

I felt a strong sting on my thigh and saw a red mark where it had hit me. I let out a whimper to try and process some of the pain I was feeling.

*Hugos pov*

I sat on the sofa trying to ignore the screams coming from the basement but couldn't. I was staring at the door that she had been dragged through while crying. Her sister was sat besides it, trying to call through to the girl, telling her to be quiet and they'll stop.

"Hugo? Hugo? Who do you want?" I snapped out of my day dream when my father kept calling my name. "Oh..uh... dad can I talk to you for a moment..in private." I looked between everyone as they watched in confusion. My dad stood up and walked off, I quickly followed him.

"What do you want?" My dad spoke in a tone which made it clear he was annoyed. "We can't just take one of them! It'd be horrible to leave one here to get abused. I know Marcus doesn't want to have anything to do with running the company but it's worth a try is it not?" I looked at him hopefully.

"Call him and ask." My dad instructed while walking back over to the Perez's. Marcus is my older brother, he's 2 years older then me making him 26. He decided 4 years ago he wouldn't be taking over the company and doesn't want anything to do with it even after he spent his while life training for it.

I dialed his number and prayed for him to pick up, to my relief he answered. "Hugo? Whats up?" His voice echoed through the phone.

"Remember how I said I am going to the Perez and will return with someone I'll be marrying. How would you feel about us bringing back someone for you? There's 2 of them, what I didn't realise was they're being abused.... I don't want to leave one here by themselves." I explained. The other side of the phone went silent for a moment.

"How old are they?" Marcus asked. "Ones freshly 18 and the others 21." I replied praying he'd agree.

"What one are you having? Do you know yet?" My brother continued to ask questions.
"The younger one, Catalina." I knew the second she walked down the stairs I wanted to be with her, she's beautiful without trying.

"Good. Bring the other one back, what's her name and what should I expect?" Marcus agreed making me let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Her name Isabella, she's covered in bruises she's tried to cover with makeup and she seems very jumpy but overall is nice." I replied.

I walked back over to my dad and the Perez's once I'd finnished the phone call. "He agreed." I looked at my dad then towards the basement door.

"We would like to take both your daughters. One for Hugo and one for my eldest son Marcus. We would take them to new York where we live and every now and then Colombia where we have multiple buildings and homes." My dad presented. I crossed my fingers praying they would say yes.

"Okay." Mr Perez said coldly while getting out a pen from his blazer pocket. My dad pulled out 2 different sheets with areas to sign. "Hugo which one are you having?" My dad asked. "Catalina."

My dad crossed my name out on isabelles sheet and wrote Marcus instead. "So in these forms you are agreeing that Hugo gets full choice and control over Catalina and Marcus gets full choice and control over Isabella aswell as you'll turn your company over to Hugo in 5 years time or sooner if needed. Also there will be no wars between us, correct?" My father read out the contract.

I watched as they signed it then turned it to me. "Hugo you sign Catalinas and I'll sign for Marcus on Isabellas. My dad instructed. I signed the contract before placing the pen over the top.

"Maya. Go get the girls ready to leave." Mr Perez instructed his wife, "Uh I'll go get Catalina if you'd like.." I offered without thinking about it.

"Sure. Saves me a job." Mrs Perez accepted. I quickly stood up and walked towards the door, I stopped though when I saw Isabella, "I'll make sure your both safe I promise." I whispered before opening the door.

*Catalinas pov*

I heard the door open and the floor boards creek. I was expecting to see my father walk down but was shocked to see Hugo Delgado walking down.

"Im taking her. Untie her." He spoke in a deep voice before crouching down infront of me, "You and your sister are going to come with me. We are supposed to get married. Your sister will be marrying my older brother Marcus. We'll keep you both safe." He spoke so quietly only I could hear. I felt the ropes being loosened and soon enough there was nothing holding me back except my own body. It hurt so much I couldn't get up.

"Do you need help getting up?" The man whispered again. I nodded my head, I don't want help but I need it. He held out his hand for me and reluctantly I took it. He put one hand on my waist and pulled me up as I whimpered in pain.