part 17

"Let's clean it up first." I spoke while getting a damp cloth and dabbing his wound, trying not to hurt him. "Uh we probably need to stitch it up.." I mumbled while looking through the first aid kit.

"You don't have to do this.. I can do it myself." He grunted without even looking at me, "I know. But I want to help you. You've helped me so much its my turn to return the favour." I smiled softly trying to cheer him up as much as possible which is hard considering the circumstances.

"Im sorry..." he suddenly spoke up as I began stitching up the wound, for a moment I stopped and looked up at him in confusion, about what?" I asked before looking back down at what I was doing.

"I killed your parents... you didn't want me to.. and I did anyway.. I heard your dad tell your mum to find you and isabella and... I panicked... I knew it wouldn't end good if they found you... I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you... then your dad shot mine. That's when I lost it and shot him 3 times. Then I saw your mum walking towards the closet you were in and shot her too eithout thinking about it... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry.." His voice began to shake as he spoke.

I quickly finnished stitching him up before standing again and hugging him, "I'm so sorry about your dad... and I'm glad you killed my parents.. I feel free now.. like a weight has been lifted off ny shoulders.. thankyou." I replied as he rested his head against my shoulder.

We didn't say anything and just sat like that when I heard something behind me. I turned round and saw Marcus. He looked so heart broken.

"Sorry.. I need to speak to Catalina for a second.." he spoke, he looked like he'd been crying and was about to start again. I moved away from Hugo who reluctantly let go of me as I followed him out the bathroom.

"Please help. Isabella- she won't stop crying... I... she won't tell me what's wrong... I don't know why she's crying I have loads of ideas but don't know what to do... please help me Cat." He began speaking swiftly clearly panicking.

"Alright take a deep breath for starters. Is she crying so much she can't talk?" I asked, immediately he nodded his head, "Does she seem like she's in pain or just upset?" I questioned but he shrugged his shoulders and looked towards their room, "she just won't stop no matter what I do or say!" He began tearing up.

"Okay... uh... she might be having another attack... hug her, tightly. It helps. Ask her yes or no questions so she can nod or shake her head. Don't panic or she'll panic. Just distract her once you found out what's wrong and she'll calm down eventually." I spoke while rubbing my hand over my face.

I heard a door shut round the corner and saw Hugo and I's bedroom light was now off.

"If she doesn't calm down within am hour or you need a break cone get me.. I've got to make sure Hugos okay." I announced before walking towards our room.

I opened the door and saw him laying in bed staring into space.
I slipped out my gown and into a satin night dress before walking over to the bed, "do you want me here or to go in the other room?" I asked while crouching down next to him.

"I don't know..." he mumbled still not looking at me. "Okay.. I'll go in the other room..." I whispered assuming he'd want space tonight. It's what he does. He gets angry, stressed or upset and he wants to be alone. It's always been the same since I met him.

I lay down in my old room and felt tears escaping my eyes. I feel so useless. I could hear everyone crying. Isabella crying because if her attack, Marcus crying because he's stressed out, Lucia crying because it's her first night alone, Hugo crying for... so many reasons.. and I'm sat here. Doing nothing about it. I want to help but I dont know how. I'm only 19.

I must've feel asleep because I woke up to the door opening and a voice, "Cat? You awake?" Isabellas voice squeaked, I looked at the clock and read 3am of it.

"Mhm... how you feeling?" I asked while sitting up. She began walking over to me without saying anything, "Can I lay down?" She asked, I nodded my head and opened my arms for her. We both lay there like little kids sharing a bed.

Neither of us said anything but we knew who we were thinking about. Camilo. My twin brother. He was an angel. He always protected us even if it risked his life. On our 13th birthday he stepped infront to stop us from getting a beating and my dad got furious... and killed him.

It was horrible. We had to watch as he was killed and couldn't do anything about it. Since then we vowed to always protect eachother no matter what. Thats why I took the bullet. I couldn't let Marcus die, it would hurt her too much.  "I miss him." I whispered. "Me too.." my sister replied and like that she fell asleep again.

Just as I was falling asleep again I heard the door open and another voice, "Mi amor... please.. I need you.." Hugo whispered. I patted the other side of the me that wasn't took up by Isabella.

He climbed in and layed down next to me. "Im so grateful for you.. your my sunshine on a bad day... my rainbow when it's raining... your my reason Catalina... the reason I'm still here.. I never used to believe in fate and soulmates but since I met you... I have. I wouldn't change it for the world. You make me happy. You make me feel wanted and needed here." He spoke while wrapping his arms round my waist.

"Your my protector Hugo. I can always count on you. Now go to sleep it's going to be a long day tommorow." I advised before kissing his head.

So there I was. Wedged between my husband and my pregnant sister. Falling asleep.