part 14

*Catalinas pov*

It's been 4 days since I was shot. Today I'm getting released from the hospital. Not because the doctor said I can go, because there's been a bunch of suspicious men hovering round my room recently and Hugo is worrying that they are from Lukes mafia trying to spy on us.

Untill after the ball I'm staying in the main house to make sure that my arm will be okay and if anything changed I'll have someone to help. Isabella is also being sent to the safe house with me, they weren't going to at first but because she's pregnant they thought it would be best.

It's all very practical, they've hired 6 different actors who look like us so we can try and confuse anyone if they're watching.

The doctor came into my room and began talking to Hugo, "2 pains meds every 6 hours, this cream needs to be put on once a day to make sure it doesn't get infected. She can't drive. Can't lift anything heavy, no exercise, basically try and avoid using your arm for about a month" the doctor eventually turned to me as he spoke. I nodded my head as I put on my jumper, getting ready to leave.

"Alright. Your free to leave then. Come back in 6 weeks to get the stitches out." The doctor announced before leaving. I looked up at Hugo and walked over to him, "Does sex count as exercise? It better not we only have 4 days before we won't see eachother for ages, one of which is our anniversary." I whined while leaning against his chest.

"Who's to say you can't just lay there and I'll do all the work!" He smiled making me laugh as he began kissing me, I felt a hand on my ass cheek and giggled. "Keep it in your pants. Let's go." I teased while walking off. He let out a long groan while reaching for my hand as he followed me out. He eventually caught up and grabbed my waist, stopping me from walking off.

We got up to reception and we signed any forms needed before we were finnaly able to leave. I felt my hand being picked up and immediately leaned into Hugo. "I love you..." I mumbled. He's been a literal angel since everything happened.

I haven't had to take one step, he'd carry me everywhere ir get whatever I need for me. He's only gone home once and that was for me. He got me my phone charger and an air freshener because I hate the smell of the hospital.

I felt the boy kiss my head while supporting me. "Come on. Let's go home." He spoke as the car was pulled round. He helped me in before getting in himself.

I leant against him the whole ride home and I must've fallen asleep because I woke up in the lounge with him next to me. "Morning sleeping beauty. You've been asleep for 4 hours." He chuckled. My eyes widened, 4 hours?!

"Why am I in the lounge? You usually just put me in our bed." I asked while sitting up.

"Well I did, but then you were also in the office, the kitchen and and now here." He chuckled making me furrow my eyebrows. Was I sleep walking? "I didn't want to leave you alone with everything that's going on so I carried you round with me while I got work done." He explained as if he could read my mind.

I couldnt help but smile. He carried me round the house just to make sure I'd be okay. It's not even a small house! It's huge! I went to climb onto his lap and kiss him when I heard a voice behind me, "your awake!" Alejandros voice echoed through my ears.

I turned to face him and smiled as I jumped up and hugged him. Over the last couple of months he's became more of a father figure then I could've asked for. He's taught me things. Gave me advice. Just... been there for me when Hugo couldn't for various reasons.. I owe him a lot.

"How you feeling Catalina?" He asked while holding my at arms length. "I'm okay, feels like I've done a very intense workout thats all." I replied as he nodded his head.

"Well I'm glad your okay. I better be going, Lucia was apparently looking for me." He smiled before walking up the stairs. Just as I went to turn around I heard someone screaming my name. It wasn't a upset scream. It was an excited scream.

Yet it still brought me back.

"CATALINA!" My father yelled. My heart skipped a beat as I knew what was about to happen. I jumped up and ran to my fathers office. "Yes father?" I asked trying not to stutter.

"What did you to do?" He hissed at me. What have I forgotten, "I'm sorry Father.. I don't remember.." I immediately regretted my words when I felt a sharp sting on my cheek. He hit me...

"You've been sending letters to a boy!" He screamed making me flinch. My pen pal. We've been talking for months. Father must have found one of the letters.

"Im sorry.." I squeaked praying I could apologise my way out of this.
This was severe. I'd be harshly punished. "You two! Take her to the dungeons. 2 weeks. 1 meal a day." He spat.

I tried to run but couldn't. I had been lifted up by one of my Father's men.

"Catalina! Catalina answer me!" Hugos voice rang through my ears, breaking my trance. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you." I began apologising.

"Mi amor... you have nothing to apologise for. Are you okay? What happened?" He asked while sitting me down on the sofa.

"I don't know... I... my Father... he... I could see and hear him.. he told me off... dungeon.." I tried to get my words out but struggled to get my words out.

"Okay... alright... I understand." He spoke while slowly wrapping his arms round me. I shut my eyes and rested my chin on his shoulder. "I got you liking hugs..." I mumbled making him laugh. "Only from you." He whispered back.