part 21

"Im going to see if Marcus is okay.." Lucia mumbled as she began walking over to her son as we all sat in the hospital waiting room.

My cheeks were stained with tears, I have so many questions but no one will answer them. We all sat in silence, no one knowing what to say.

"You weren't hurt were you?" Hugo suddenly broke the silence as he looked at me. I shook my head no before taking his hand in mine. I traced over his tatoos that were sticking out of his sleeves in a desperate attempt to distract myself.

"She'll be fine. I can't promise anything about the baby but I know she'll be fine. She was shot in the stomach, they'll perform the surgery. She'll take a month or two to recover and the doctors will do the best they can for their baby." My uncle suddenly spoke up making me look at him.

I nodded my head and wiped away my tears as I recomposed myself. I can't quite process all that's happened today. I watched Alex die.. he had a pregnant wife and toddler at home. And I watched him die. I felt tears in my eyes again that I quickly blinked away.

"I've got to go make some buisness calls.. you going to be okay?" Hugo looked away from his phone to me. I nodded my head without looking at him. I felt him place a kiss on my collarbone before he left. I glanced over at Marcus and saw him staring at us. He looked heartbroken.

I looked down at my dress, seeing all the blood stains on it. Today has been.... horrible. I don't want to be involved in this anymore! I can't do this anymore. Too many people have died in a single week!

I looked up and saw Marcus following a doctor into a hallway, please say there's good news. I kept watching untill they were out of sight.

"How you doing kid?" My attention was drew back in to my uncle. "Fine... you?" I looked to my side where he was sat. "I'm fine.. pretty scary back there wasn't it?" He sighed, I nodded my head in agreement not really knowing what to say. I haven't seen him in 2 years then he appears at my father in laws funeral. It's so strange.

"Why were you at Alejandros funeral?" I asked out of the blue making him furrow his eyebrows at the sudden question.

"We've been friends for as long as I can remember. I was the one who suggested your family to him when he said he needed to find Hugo a wife. I knew he had raised his sons right. Obviously no ones good enough for you and Isabella but it's about as close as you'd ever be able to get." He explained. I didn't say anything, just nodded my head.

I looked back towards the hallway Marcus had walked down and saw him walking back towards us. He looked upset.. I jumped up from my seat waiting for him to tell us. "She's okay... the baby didn't make it though..." he mumbled while sitting back down.

Without even thinking about it I hugged him. I don't know why. It was just instinct. He was upset and I felt the need to comfort him. I never usually do anything like it but he clearly needed it because immediately he started crying.

"I don't even know if I'm crying because I'm happy or sad!" He sobbed while hugging me back. "Just let it out." I whispered soothingly. I saw in the corner of my eye, Hugo walking back over to us all, clearly confused on what was happening.

(A/n: I wonder why Cats being so caring???)

Marcus eventually pulled away from the hug and looked down at the ground, "thankyou.." he grumbled before sitting back down. I walked back over to Hugo and grabbed his hand, pulling him outside the building.

"What was that about?" He asked as soon as we were out of ear shot. "Isabella is okay but they lost the baby." I explained before sinking in his arms. I've really wanted to hug him for ages now but felt bad because of the situation Marcus is in right now, and Lucia, she's just lost her husband.

"Do you wanna go back to the house and get tidied up a bit?" Hugo offered. "Please. I'm so tired." I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. "Alright let's go tell the others quickly." Hugo replied while beginning to walk towards the doors again and towards our family.

"We're going to head back to the house for a little bit, someone call us if anything changes okay?" He announced while holding onto my waist. I watched as Lucia nodded her head.

_____________________

"Oh god what is that smell it's making me feel sick!" I gagged as I walked into the house. "I told the chef to make us some dinner, smells like sancocho. Smells fine to me." Hugo explained while walking further into the house.

"Its making me feels so ill can we please open some windows." I whined as I went round opening the windows.

"Cariño, hace demasiado frío afuera para abrir todas las ventanas." Hugo chuckled while watching me ("darling its too cold outside to open all the windows")

"Im going to be sick!" I quickly ran towards the bathroom and leant over the toilet bowl, throwing up. "Chuck the dish out and make something else." I heard Hugos voice as his footsteps got closer.

"Mi amor.. whats up?" He spoke while crouching down next to me and holding back my hair as his other hand rubbed my back. "I don't know.." I coughed while sitting up and leaning against him.

"Hopefully it's just a bug.. if it doesn't go within a couple of days I'll take you to the doctors." He mumbled while wrapping his arm under my leg and lifting me up, bringing me onto the living room where he layed me down.

"Get some sleep." He placed a blanket over my shoulders as I sank down into the pillows. I grabbed his hand stopping him from leaving.

"I'll be back in ten minutes. I promise." He whispered before placing a kiss on my forehead.