part 32

I turned round only to see... no... it can't be... "Hugo?!" I stumbled backwards, no. It can't be. I must be hallucinating. Yeah

that's it. I'm hallucinating.

"Shh! Come here!" He hissed. Still very confused, I began walking towards him. I reached him and still didn't know what to do. I can't tell if this is all real or not.

"Are you here or am I hallucinating?" I asked as he lead me down to the alley.

"I'm here. I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through, I had to. For your safety. If people think I'm dead they won't come after you." He explained as he pulled me closer by my arm.

Without saying anything I threw myself into his arms, burying my face into his chest as I began crying.

"Why did you leave me?! You can't leave me again! Ever again!" I sobbed into his chest as he hushed me while rubbing my back.

"Cat... I can't stay... I need to be hidden... I'm trying to destroy our mafia right now. Once it's destroyed I'll leave it a few months then come back." He explained as I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Wait... Gabi... do you have her?" I asked, still trying to process all that was happening. I can't believe it all still...

I watched him slowly shake his head... she's gone. She is really gone. But... Hugo is still alive. So many emotions are rushing through me right now.

"When will you finish destroying the mafia?" I asked as he grabbed my hand and held it in his.

"I'm not sure. I'm planning an attack on one of the smaller mafias. I'll wipe them all out hopefully. I'll make it seem like they destroyed out and were holding me, hostage, hostage the whole time. Then I'll come back... I'm hoping it'll only take three or so months." My husband announced as he pulled me in closer so our faces were inches apart.

"Please be careful." I whispered before closing the gap between our faces. I never thought I'd see him again... yet here I am.

____________________

Those 3 months Turned into 4 and 4 turned into 5, and 5 turned into 6. It took him 7 months to succeed in his plan.

7 months before I saw him again. I began to worry. What if he got hurt?! What if he's being held hostage?!

The doorbell rang and I jumped up from the sofa. Every day I answer the door hoping it's him, my one true love. And every day is the same. Not him.

I opened the door and was greeted by a battered-up Hugo.
"Hey.." he smiled softly. I threw myself into his arms before he picked me up and spun me around.

The only other person who knew he wasn't dead was Marcus. So you can imagine the shock on Lucia's face when she was her supposedly dead son stood at the door.

I heard a thud behind me and turned round to see her passed out on the floor, "Oh my god! Lucia!" I gasped as I crouched down next to her, helping her back up.

She looked between me and Hugo multiple times, trying to wrap her head around it.

"My baby boy! Your home!" She cried out as she hugged him, and he wrapped his arms around her too before releasing her.

"Where have you been?!" She scolded as we helped her to her feet once again.

"Mamá I'm so sorry, I was being held, hostage by the Maltan mafia." He explained as he glanced back at me making me smile.

Isabela walked in after hearing the commotion and made herself aware with a loud gasp.
Marcus quickly caught her before she passed out. I'm so glad I was still in denial when I found out he was alive.

The boy turned to me with a small smile, "Mi amor..." he sighed as he walked back over and hugged me tightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he placed a kiss on my cheek, I nodded my head and asked him the same question. He copied my movement and nodded his head too.

"I missed you." I sighed as I sunk into yet another hug.
"I missed you more." He chuckled, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

(A/n: and that is it! The end of one of my favourite stories yet! A bit of a bittersweet ending.)